Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Smog pump delete ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smog pump delete ?
rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rico91stang  Ford pictures for rico91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm about to chuck my smog pump, abut I am wondering about the thermactor or whatever its called that is on the back of the heads. When I pulled the heads before I removed it and noticed that if I remove it there is a hole. I am throwing a stock motor in my mustang to get it up and running and I am going to purchase a smog pump delete kit.

My question is, do smog pump delete kits have something to plug this hole up? Its located on the back of the heads near the firewall.

--------------------
"My shit ain't stock. Shits got a cam yo."-Archie Saleen (Union city)

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can get a bolt and thread it in.

or use an old pair of sparkplugs and crack off the ceramic part.

why buy a "delete kit" anyways? Just take the pump off and use a shorter belt.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no u have to buy the plugs from ford. i would keep the smog if it was me and just get a shorter a belt to by pass the pump. when its smog test time just put your longer belt on and pass. just my .02 cents
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the pump off and use a shorter belt.

Then buy non-emission heads that don't even have the holes to begin with.

No more smog, less weight, and more POWER! [Big Grin]

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
you can get a bolt and thread it in.

I did this and it worked fine. Use a short bolt and a little high temp silicone... You're golden.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rico91stang  Ford pictures for rico91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
no u have to buy the plugs from ford. i would keep the smog if it was me and just get a shorter a belt to by pass the pump. when its smog test time just put your longer belt on and pass. just my .02 cents

I don't pass smog. [Wink]

--------------------

rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Then buy non-emission heads that don't even have the holes to begin with.

No more smog, less weight, and more POWER! [Big Grin]

I have some. Just want to get this motor running. The car has been down for too long. Just throwin one in to drive around in.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com