Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » fuel regulator,vacuum or non vac??????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fuel regulator,vacuum or non vac??????
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306notchback510  Ford pictures for 306notchback510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fuel regulator i have is a non vacuum but adjustable motorcraft one. should i get a vacuum one?????? [Confused]
Posts: 420 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306notchback510  Ford pictures for 306notchback510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

whats the difference [Confused]
1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1988Stang  Ford pictures for 1988Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe i have the same regulator that you have and i have been told to get rid of it and get a kirban with a vacuum line. Because when you set the pressure on the one you(i) have it will always stay at that pressure, and you need the pressure to go down when you romp on it for some reason. With a vacuum line regulator, when you step on it the pressure will go down to stock and as the motor builds up the pressure will also come up to what you set it at. so i have ordered a new one and i can let you know if it changes anything for me when i install it.
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

yeah let me know what you find out please???
GEARHEAD AUTO
¯
Member # 5651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEARHEAD AUTO  Ford pictures for GEARHEAD AUTO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Without vac the fuel pres thay the same. You want the fuel pres to go up and down with engine rpm.
Posts: 134 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  :
89SC50
¯
Member # 6248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89SC50  Ford pictures for 89SC50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are running boost do the same rules apply, would you want a vaccum or non vaccum regulator with a supercharger.
Posts: 185 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com