Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ati procharger

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ati procharger
novice svt
Member # 6278

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for novice svt  Ford pictures for novice svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need a little help/advice... I am seriously looking at 97 cobra that has a ATI Procharger installed to it. From what I have read so far is it has a tendency to leak a little oil and even destroy an engine. According to the owner the procharger only has 2K miles since installation. I want to buy this car but am a little hesitant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advacne. [worship]

--------------------
AZ

BOOSTnJUICE
¯
Member # 5029

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTnJUICE  Ford pictures for BOOSTnJUICE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in my opinion and i'm sure a few other procharger makes the best supercharger known to man if u are concered with it i would bring it to force fed performance in sacramento off roseville road and get it dyno tuned by a procharger expert the owner keith fletcher is very smart and is a procharger certified dealer in my opinion u can't go wrong if the price is rite
Posts: 264 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm no expert on prochargers but I read about that issue w/ the P600 (older) models. I would find out what model it has on it and then check out this site:

www.superchargerhelp.com

There are a lot of people there that know their shit.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I've read they put down exceptional numbers and the best in there league in regards to power and reliability. I think they are self contained which mean no need to tap into the oil pan.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
novice svt
Member # 6278

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for novice svt  Ford pictures for novice svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the help all. What kind of engine mods/changes will I need to make to a stock engine to go with the procharger?

--------------------
AZ

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll need to get everything forged of every kind of metal, and a little port work while you're at it will help a lot. [Smile]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com