Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need Help!!!!!! 5.0 won't start!!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help!!!!!! 5.0 won't start!!!!!!
BadAss5.0
¯
Member # 6165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BadAss5.0  Ford pictures for BadAss5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi everyone I need some help!!!

I replaces the valve cavers(Ford Racing) and the headers(BBK) off my 90 mustang 5.0 and now the mustang wont start, it wants too but it turns off, I check everything but nothing, Any advise????????????

--------------------
04 Lincoln Navigator
90 Mustang-Black
90 Mustang-White
96 Mustang-Green
88 BMW 735I-Sky Blue

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you checked the firing order ??????

[ December 01, 2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: six 5.0 ]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
ShiftyGT
¯
Member # 3862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShiftyGT  Ford pictures for ShiftyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happens??
does the starter crank?

--------------------
1990 GT, Back in action

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it is turning ovewr and won't start You should turn Your ignition to the second setting which is rite before it actually strt's turning over and listen for the fuel pump in the tank to turn on for about 2 second's then it will stop if You don't start cranking it over. If You can't hear anything it's probably Your fuel relay. If it is turning on check to see if You have spark going thru Your spark plug's. If You have spark and Your fuel pump is turning on do a search and You will come up with all kind of information.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had the same problem. One night the car ran fine, the next I went to start it and it wouldnt fire. I held the pedal to the floor and it started but ran like crap, just dumping fuel. I checked everything and ended up changing the computer, it fired and ran fine after that....

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you connected everything back up correctly and double check your connections and make sure they are all tight.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
BadAss5.0
¯
Member # 6165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BadAss5.0  Ford pictures for BadAss5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks I will try all of your suggestion!!!

--------------------
04 Lincoln Navigator
90 Mustang-Black
90 Mustang-White
96 Mustang-Green
88 BMW 735I-Sky Blue

BadAss5.0
¯
Member # 6165

Hi everyone I try everything and my car still didn't run, what can I do now??????

--------------------
04 Lincoln Navigator
90 Mustang-Black
90 Mustang-White
96 Mustang-Green
88 BMW 735I-Sky Blue

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same thing happened to me and a buddy a little while back.
we had done a whole engine swap and the car would not start.... in his particular case it was becuase "someone" removed the fuel relay while changing the carpet.

In my case, my car didn't run becuase i set the firing order clockwise instead of counterclock wise. [Roll Eyes]
so.. might want to double check your firing order, plugs, and fuel relay... mine would want to start but kept on dying.. eventually it started for 1 sec and backfired [Razz] .

--------------------
=(

BadAss5.0
¯
Member # 6165

Hi everyone I got my car started there was a fuse under the steering wheel that was burn out I don't know why is there but I just replace it and the car started thanks for your help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

--------------------
04 Lincoln Navigator
90 Mustang-Black
90 Mustang-White
96 Mustang-Green
88 BMW 735I-Sky Blue

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool!

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com