Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A9L COMPUTER ?s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A9L COMPUTER ?s
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i was just curious what seems to be the best computer for a 5.0 i know that the A9L is the one to have but what exactly makes it so special. also what is the worst computer to have for a modded 5.0

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The A9L was the best stock ECU because of the fuel curves and stuff. I dont know about the worst computer though. If you are looking into buying a new one, it may be cheaper, and better to have yours re-mapped.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually the a3m1 was considered the best option for upgrading back in the day along with the a9l being a close 2nd. Before tuning was around the only way to change any timing maps or fuel curves was by changing the pcm to either of these. Nowadays with chip tuning ...flashing etc... theres no need to change out the computer as a tuner can control all these tables.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i run a a9l and had it reworked it works awsome with the horsepower i have. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks alot everyone now i just gotta find one to replace a 8ld for my friends car

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town50:
thanks alot everyone now i just gotta find one to replace a 8ld for my friends car

Why? Does he have a heavily modified engine?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

HIS CAR ISNT SUPER MODDED BUT ITS GOT ALL THE BOLT ONS MINUS HEADS AND A CAM, SO THE A9L WOULDNT HURT.

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably won't make much of a difference. The EEC-IV processors for mass-air are very close to each other. I ran lo 12's w/ a A9M.
Stangfstbak69
¯
Member # 5898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangfstbak69  Ford pictures for Stangfstbak69    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the computer is actually for my car and we just picked up a A9P, any ideas on that setup

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com