Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » headers...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: headers...
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so im gonna put the motor in VERY soon..probably this weekend...hopefully..if not no later than next weekend for sure!

i was thinking of purchasing some headers...i havent heard anything bad from the BBK Shorties...and was thinking of getting them...any other suggestions?

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought you were going to sell the car so why spend extra money on it if your just getting rid of it??

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are going to go with headers for you 00GT go with Bassani. Installing headers on a 99+ Mustang is a PITA and if your going to do it.. go with the best headers.
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Roush8:
Thought you were going to sell the car so why spend extra money on it if your just getting rid of it??

parents are being EXTREMELY gay about selling the car....dad told me to to fix this one up..

oh and the headers would be a walk in the park due to the fact that i would be putting them on PRIOR to the motor being dropped in [Smile]

[ November 22, 2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Red00GT ]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so you had the engine rebuilt? did you have anything done to it, like porting, cams...?
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

unfortunately..i didnt get the motor rebuilt..friend had a 2001 GT motor..he was gonna use it for his 98GT but decided not to...so he is selling it to me..

i would like to do porting to the heads..but i believe that is a lot of $$ and my budget right as of now...only lets me get some headers...and maybe one other thing...

anyone know a place that does porting for a good price?

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:

anyone know a place that does porting for a good price?

steedagt does porting on the side. try and contact him.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a guy on the boards that selling lt's with matching x pipe.. might want to check it out??

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

LT's = not smoggable..

how would i pass smog?

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

not smog legal but most hp... thats the reason I didnt go with them... i think bassani midlengths are not smoggable either??

jba, bbk, frpp... to name a few. I have heard good things from the bbk equal length shorty's.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get shorty's. It wouldn't be financially smart to get an illegal smog over such a small part/mild combo.

JMO.

X97headswap
¯
Member # 5210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for X97headswap  Ford pictures for X97headswap    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I liked my JBA's. The frpp's aren't smog legal either. I'd try and find some used titanium/ceramic JBA's, and get some stage 8 locks or split locks, etc. Your not gonna throw in a couple of cams while you're at it?

[ November 24, 2005, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: X97headswap ]

Posts: 181 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by X97headswap:
I liked my JBA's. The frpp's aren't smog legal either. I'd try and find some used titanium/ceramic JBA's, and get some stage 8 locks or split locks, etc. Your not gonna throw in a couple of cams while you're at it?

i would LOVE to do cams...but motor is going in next weekend..along with the headers..so ill do the cams some other time.

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

X97headswap
¯
Member # 5210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for X97headswap  Ford pictures for X97headswap    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What headers did you end up going with?
Posts: 181 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

BBK Shorties [Smile]

even though its a BBK brand..i havent heard anything bad about them from people i know who have installed them..so yea..went with those [Smile] should be coming in on monday from good ol summit [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com