Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sign of a bad bassani xpipe?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign of a bad bassani xpipe?
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure if any of you guys experiened this, but what are the signs of a bad bassani xpipe w/cats? Right now I am noticing a rattling whenever I rev the motor in neutral. What do the insides of these converters look like? Can a piece theoretically break off and start to rattle on the inside of the converter enclosure?

Thanks for any information....

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, the cats can definately break apart like that. Sounds like it might be time to replace it - or hollow them out and turn it into a ghetto bassani off-road X [Big Grin]
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the information. I was thinking of just replacing the entire pipe with a new bassani xpipe with cats (smog is coming up). Do you know if bassani makes an xpipe with removable cats that is also notched for a griggs TA / Panhard rod???
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bassani's cats are crap. Mine broke apart also. I had some new cats welded in for fairly cheap.
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh shit i had that problem too...i just hammered the hell out of the cat to get the plate to stop shaking...it worked...lol....but i might hollow them out....is that still gonna pass smog?...hpe so...anyone know anybody that will pass me on smog....PM me

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:
but i might hollow them out....is that still gonna pass smog?

um... not unless its a visual only.

bassani makes a modular x pipe... you can swap the cats in and out with o/r pipe in about 25 minutes.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not for the 5.0's Only for the Mods.
If you replace it, let me know if you want to sell the old one. I'll hollow it out....

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a50sn95:
Not for the 5.0's Only for the Mods.
If you replace it, let me know if you want to sell the old one. I'll hollow it out....

You would think that they would do them for the 5.0s as well...does anyone else make an xpipe that is modular besides bassani?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com