Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » O2 sensor - bank1 sensor2

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: O2 sensor - bank1 sensor2
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can someone help me identify the location of this sensor.

Thanks

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BlacksheepMod50
¯
Member # 2378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacksheepMod50  Ford pictures for BlacksheepMod50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bank 1 I believe is drivers side and sensor 2 is the sensor that comes after the cat-converters. Its used to monitor the efficiency of the catalitic converters.

I could be wrong on the bank, but if my memory serves me right, bank 1 is drivers side.

--------------------
98 4.6, stroked to 5.0, all forged, 11:1 comp, cams, LTs, Tubular K-member & A-Arms, Coilovers, Saleen rims, 99+ mani., ported F150 heads. And more..

Posts: 288 | From: Fair Oaks (Sacramento) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlacksheepMod50:
Bank 1 I believe is drivers side and sensor 2 is the sensor that comes after the cat-converters. Its used to monitor the efficiency of the catalitic converters.

I could be wrong on the bank, but if my memory serves me right, bank 1 is drivers side.

Thanks!
I just wanted to confirm my assumption.
bank 1 drivers side and #2 sensor is the one behind the second cat.

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com