Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How do u remove the brake booster??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How do u remove the brake booster??
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, i'm gonna have to remove the brake booster on my 5.0.
I might be swaping to a 5 lug conversion with stang95 from spindles and disc brakes all around.
They are coming from Yohallin's donor car so i have a donor for the parts i need.

What's involved in this procedure?
thanks a lot.

--------------------
=(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everything you ever wanted to know is on my site:

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/sn95conversion.html

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man..
I don't know know..
there is a crap load of work involved. i don't know if i really want to go through this thing.

--------------------
=(

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it took me 2 days to swap my booster/mc all the brake lines, calipers, spindles, rotors, wheel bearings, rear end, etc.

probably 4 hours of actual wrenching, most of the time was me getting one bolt off or on under the dash for the booster, than having to get out and walk around to be able to feel my arms and get the pain out of my back from laying over the hump in the floorboard for the front seat, lol

[ October 31, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

yeah..sounds tedious.
I don't know. i guess i don't really need it. won't really do anything for performance just better brakes and i don't even need that, in reality i just drive this car around the block and to the track.
pm me how much you would pay for a used set up with a almost new freshly rebuilt 410 rearend as part of the trade.

--------------------
=(

StocktonStang
¯
Member # 6162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StocktonStang  Ford pictures for StocktonStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to know how to replace mines because mines is going out.. well i was gonna do a 5 lug conversion on mines.. so would i need to upgrade the brake booster as well? because i need to replace my booster cause my brakes have air when i press the brakes
Posts: 32 | From: Stockton,CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Jdub
¯
Member # 2098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub  Ford pictures for Jdub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stockton, not quite sure what you're saying, but the booster has nothing to do with getting air into your brakes

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com