Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Problem fixed, or adjusted-for?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem fixed, or adjusted-for?
RedLned
¯
Member # 4746

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for RedLned  Ford pictures for RedLned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO i was on here about a week ago talking about my 03 gt throwing me misfire codes, all cylinders, randomly, when under heavy load (ie:grapevine) Well I recently installed a SCT X-cal 2, and am running a 91 tune. Well the light will not come on under the same instences, like constant 4th gear. So my question, is did i fix a problem that came with the car stock? or just correct for it with timing adjustments....thanks guys

-brad

--------------------
Brad
03 Gt Prem. Redfire 5spd
13.90@98.09mph 2.00 60ft

RedLned
¯
Member # 4746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedLned  Ford pictures for RedLned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^

--------------------
Brad
03 Gt Prem. Redfire 5spd
13.90@98.09mph 2.00 60ft

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you never found the root of the problem. It just magically went away for some reason.

You could have just gotten a bad tank of gas or the Calibrator came with a default code to erase the CEL light on that kind of code. [Confused]

RedLned
¯
Member # 4746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedLned  Ford pictures for RedLned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gas not probable, had problem for 2+ years, ford has never been able to fix it, they have changed plugs coil packs fuel pump and so on, the programmer could just turn off the cel, although when i had the problem previously, the car would lag...and now it seems very strong all of the time
thanks

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com