Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5.8 in a 94-95 mustang help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.8 in a 94-95 mustang help
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody running a 351 windsor in a 94-95 mustang.
my problem is the alternetor hits the valve cover(tall ford racing)the rear of the alt. hits the front part of the cover.this is using stock acc system.
other valve cover wont clear the rr.
anybody have a picture of a 95cobra r engine compartment.
i even tried a powermaster,but same problem as stock.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM "Cheap" (that's his post name) here on the board. He's got a 351w in a 95 and should be able to help you out. I'll call his lazy butt in the AM for ya...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool,thanks

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think the problem is the 351, it's the "TALL" valve covers. I've heard of 302's having this problem with tall valve covers. On our cars, since the bracket bolts to the head, the alternator is moved up too, just like the head is when you go to the taller deck 351. Either you'll have to clearance the alternator (don't know if it's possible), the VC (which I've heard of being done), or go to a different VC. I have roller rockers on mine, under FOX valve covers that have the baffle removed,on TFS heads with the raised VC rail.

[ September 20, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: a50sn95 ]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried clearanced regular style Valve covers w/o the baffle?

I think March Performance have a bracket system that eliminates clearance issues. It's pricey though.

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

here`s the problem,
need tall valve covers to clear the rr.they are the blue fms 351 1.6.stud mount on roush heads.
stock valve covers with baffel removed make contact with rr before the head.
something like a big/thick gasket to raise the valve cover up would work [Confused]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

finally,i solved my problem
moroso makes valvecovers just for 94-95 stangs with a notch for the alternator.now i got to tell the owner that he needs $400 valve covers [Eek!]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could also us comp cams rr's as they'll clear the stock covers... either $200 for those or $400 for vcovers... then again a nice polished or chrome set would look nice. I could never find anything for 94/95 when I did all my work. Good luck.

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com