Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ANY GOOD TUNERS N the BAY areA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ANY GOOD TUNERS N the BAY areA
03SVT
¯
Member # 5987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVT  Ford pictures for 03SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone no any good tuners in the BAY AREA. Also does anyone know a good place to dyno their car.

--------------------
03 Cobra (wife), 06 G35 Coupe (sold), 07 TBSS (mistress), 07 F150 Harley Davidson (girlfriend) 08 BMW M5 (side chick),

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JeffS on this board [Smile] he's in san jose, and with a dyno...

[ September 02, 2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give us a call and I am sure we can take care of your needs. If you need reference we can supply you with a long list of satified customers. Just give Chris (03SHKER on this board) or Mario a call at 408/588-0075 and I am sure they can take care of you.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408/588-0075 Fax: 408/588-0089

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Powerdyne, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster

69DodgeCharger
¯
Member # 3231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69DodgeCharger  Ford pictures for 69DodgeCharger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for Jeff S.
I lost a motor do to apex's shity tune (before they switched to SCT)

--------------------
I do installs and vehicle transport
ryan 925 783 7259

-2002 Corvette ZO6
H/C/I 470rwhp

-1969 Dodge Charger R/T
496 big block, TKO, Dana 60

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the past the last owners of Apex, Bill Kaiser and later Michael Fuller, did not do their own tunes. Most of the tunes done in the past was done by Byron Reynolds or Shawn Ellis. Ever since I have taken over the company we have NEVER used anything else except SCT and have not had any problems with our tunes. I am sure the bad tune you recieved was NOT from us... the "NEW APEX"

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Powerdyne, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport

[ September 03, 2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
[QB] In the past the last owners of Apex, Bill Kaiser and later Michael Fuller, did not do their own tunes. Most of the tunes done in the past was done by Byron Reynolds or Shawn Ellis. Ever since I have taken over the company we have NEVER used anything else except SCT and have not had any problems with our tunes. I am sure the bad tune you recieved was NOT from us... the "NEW APEX"

Yeah Bill was the skinny asshole at the desk who never answered the phone rite. I brought My car in there about 3 years ago to have an oil leak fixed and a tune for My newly supercharged DSS motor. So I get a call to come pick my car up because oil was pouring out of the heads,rear main.oil pan gasket, and valve coers and was basically a piece of shit as all DSS motors are according to bill. Anyways they put a shitty tune on it and told me it would be 5-6 thousand dollars to replace the motor but I would have to come pick up my car as they were booked for 3 months,LOL Well the car is still running strong after 10,000 miles and about 200 1/4 mile runs!! Glad to hear the shop changed owners a while back!! Good luck to Mike and the "new Apex". [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

69DodgeCharger
¯
Member # 3231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69DodgeCharger  Ford pictures for 69DodgeCharger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats right, forgot you guys switched owners! I was in there a few weeks ago talking with you guys and your shop has changed alot in a good way.
However I still recomend Jeff S. Not because I hate Apex or anything, I just have never had the "new" apex tune anything for me. Not to mention Jeff is a great guy to deal with.

Best of luck to the new and improved APEX.

--------------------
I do installs and vehicle transport
ryan 925 783 7259

-2002 Corvette ZO6
H/C/I 470rwhp

-1969 Dodge Charger R/T
496 big block, TKO, Dana 60

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

69DodgeCharger & SmokinLX,

Thanks for the good luck wishs guys! Hopefully we'll be able to see both of you at our "Fall Fordfest Car Show on Oct. 1st"! We should easily have over 100 cars including lots of classic Stangs!

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Powerdyne, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JeffS, did my tune..awsome guy!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Mike, I thik we know you are from:

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Do you always have to post that, in every thread you reply to?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

do you need to be a smart ass... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Do you always have to post that, in every thread you reply to? [/QB]

All I am doing is letting people know who I am and I am the owner of the "NEW Apex Motorsports". Apex has had several owners in the past and I want to make sure they know I am the owner of the "NEW APEX" and not ANY part of the old companies. Some people had negative experiences with the OLD owners and I want people to know the old owners are now gone and have NOTHING to do with the "NEW APEX".

Also, many people NEVER post their actual names, instead people use a alias... like yourself... most people do not know your real name. BUT, I want people to know who I am.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 05, 2005, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont mind all the "apex" info,
make`s it easy to remember that i have to fill my bottle [burnout]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:

[patriot]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by carajo:
i dont mind all the "apex" info,
make`s it easy to remember that i have to fill my bottle [burnout]

ONLY $3 per Lb! No limits! AND we can chill your bottle also to make sure you get the maximum fillup!

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 05, 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:

[patriot]
[patriot] [patriot] [burnout]

shawn ellis of socal diablo/socaltuning www.socaltuning.com is a well known tuner, and does excellent work, but he is based out of socal. in the norcal area, JeffS is da man! and should be the only choice for every client that needs a car tuned for performance [patriot]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

not being a smart ass, but there is a place on the board for Vendors to post. It is cool he post the info, but on almost every thread, c'mon now.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

not being a smart ass, but there is a place on the board for Vendors to post. It is cool he post the info, but on almost every thread, c'mon now.

Glenn,

Quite a few people who own business on this board have it listed in their SIG also and is posted everytime they post.

Other people advertise their services in their SIG also. Is it a problem with them also or just us? We all try to offer free advice and recommendations so fellow Mustang Enthusiants so they can enjoy their cars to their potential.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, Nitrous Refills

[ September 06, 2005, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

so it bothers you that much huh? just ignore him like ill do now... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

this is laughs! haha people arguing about sig info hahaha

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

actually.. it is pretty rediculous this thread has turned into a SIG thing. [Big Grin]

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refills

[ September 06, 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

i know! the feeling hahah

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

sorry about hijacking the thread!

[ September 06, 2005, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com