Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » My car keeps dying....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My car keeps dying....
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any time that im just driving around if im going above about 45mph and push in the clutch the rpms drop go back up again then dies...it doesnt do it all the time and it seems to do it more after i drive around for a while and it runs like crap when it first starts in the morning to for a couple minutes then it runs good i have msd ignition pro billet distributor and jba shorty headers with a off road h pipe i dont know that any of this stuff would cause the problem i thought that it might be the timing but that is my only guess any help???

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone
Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vacuum leak? Put a vacuum tester or gauge on it and see what your vacuum does when you disengage the clutch at speed. Just a guess.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KRZ89GT  Ford pictures for KRZ89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
adjust your TPS sensor on the throttle body with the key in the on position, it would help if you have a voltmeter get it as close to 1.0 if you can, .95,.99 this would be ideal. [patriot]

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Platinum Pony:
Any time that im just driving around if im going above about 45mph and push in the clutch the rpms drop go back up again then dies...it doesnt do it all the time and it seems to do it more after i drive around for a while and it runs like crap when it first starts in the morning to for a couple minutes then it runs good i have msd ignition pro billet distributor and jba shorty headers with a off road h pipe i dont know that any of this stuff would cause the problem i thought that it might be the timing but that is my only guess any help???

a little while ago i asked pretty much the same question, and i think svt351 gave me a great site which helped. pretty much it has nothing to do with fuel, and probably a leak. hope u fix it.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com