Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » steering wheel install = messed up column+harness?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: steering wheel install = messed up column+harness?
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
k i installed an APC steering wheel in my 88 Tbird awhile back, and now the guy i sold the car to is claiming that the bolt that bolts into the steering column has ruined the bearings in the column and is making the wires coming from the ignition cylinder short out, causing the car to die when you jiggle the wheel around. this sounds like bullshit to me. is this even possible? if so, about how much would parts to fix this be?

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck him, he bought at used car with no warranty why are you even concerned?

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cuz hes my friend since 5th grade, and he's supposed to pay $1000, in payments of $100 a week. he's only paid $200 down for it. and he wont listen to me when i tell him its the 20 dollar ignition switch, not the entire steering column and wiring harness [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox-style columns don't have bearings anywhere near the wheel bolts.

-

Don't know if it's the same as a T-bird tho.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

it should be the same, pretty much everything else is the same they're both fox bodies

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea it's the same!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com