Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EGR Help???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EGR Help???
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 94 Cobra and need to get it smogged. Where does this threaded end of the egr hookup? Not sure if it matters but the car has bbk headers.

-

-

[ August 08, 2005, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello Dave,
It hooks up to the header!
There should be a piece of pipe with a nut on each end and it will screw to the bung off the header.
If there is no bung on the header then you have the wrong headers!
Give me a call if you need more info.
Eddie

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, thats what I thought. I didnt see the bung guess I better go take a good look. Would the bung be pretty noticable of one of the tubes or on the collector?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It should be on #3 or 4 tube!
It will be sticking stright up at the egr!
Good luck!

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Well??
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

No bung, is there any way around this?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so im guessing you dont have stock headers, if you dont want to take the headers out and put the stockers in you can try and ask a exhaust shop and have them weld a bung in to you can connect it to the egr
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I think the headers on here are for a fox. If thats the case I will just move them over to my 93 Cobra and buy new ones for this car.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
I think the headers on here are for a fox. If thats the case I will just move them over to my 93 Cobra and buy new ones for this car.

That would be the best thing to do.
Also do you have the pipe that goes between them??
If not, I think you can still get it from ford byt it's priceeeee.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

is it just a tube or is there something special to it?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

It's a tube with nuts on both ends so it will fit the egr and header.
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you buy BBK's, they come with a tube. If that is a StreetHeat intake with no spacer, it'll probably work fine. Otherwise it'll be too short (I have a 3/8" spacer). The Factory tube is WAY too long for that combo(BBK/StreetHeat).The Nuts on the tube are metric, I think, as I couldn't find any that work at Home Depot. A 5/8" flare nut is the right size, but the threads don't work. I bought some copper tubing to make my own tube, figured I'd cut apart the BBK tube and use the nuts off of it. Before I got that far, I found an adapter to extend the BBK tube enough to fit.
Click Here:
adapter
It's a Professional Products P/N 54152, so you can probably find it elswhere if you need to.
I've also had MAC headers on the car, and the stock tube worked fine for those, but they were a PAIN IN THE ASS since they use individual flanges. They bolt on okay the first time, but if you ever take them off... I ended up putting studs in because I was afraid of stripping out the bolt holes in the head. Last time I just said screw it and bought the BBK's.

[ August 09, 2005, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: a50sn95 ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com