Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Parts for my Mach 1

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Parts for my Mach 1
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm looking for parts for my 2003 Mach 1, I want to get an exhaust system and I want to know the best exhaust system that would sound good for my car. Any performance sites I can check out for my ride?
Also looking for some 18 or 19 inch chrome rims in the near future.
I'll also be looking for a Vortech supercharger, I won't have cash for that for at least 2 months. So let me know what you guys can come up with for performance wise for my ride, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
james

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exhaust and gears are always questions that u never get a right answer cause everyone has a different taste, i think it will be better if u go around and hear people exhaust and ask them what they have, and then u know what u like, i think one of the best mods for the mach 1 is gears, and then work on the exhaust and the k&n filter system.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SUPERCHARGER [patriot] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
losbadgt
I agree with you on your advice, I'm going to ask around about the gears and exhaust. I think I'm going to go with Borla exhaust, not sure yet tho.

Anybody have any ideas on bigger brake kits? I want to change my brakes soon. Thanks and yes supercharger will be coming soon.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bear brakes is usually what with people go with, your car already has cobra brakes why u want to upgrade? and if i where u i will hold off on the charger cause mach 1 come with high compression engines and if u put a charger u are not going to be able to put that much boost, nitrous will be a better idea but that's just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get gears and sticky tires.. you'll be in the 12s..

--------------------
=(

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3.73/4.10 gears
SLP Catback
bassani catted xpipe
bassani midlength headers
SCT chip and tune
31 spline rear axles
heavy-duty diff. cover
torsen posi-rear diff.
k&n CAI FIPK
port/polish lower & upper intake manifold
front coilovers
MT DR's
hans racecraft subframe connectors
hans racecraft rearshock tower brace

with all that, youll be in the low 12's to mid 11's......

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
bear brakes is usually what with people go with, your car already has cobra brakes why u want to upgrade? and if i where u i will hold off on the charger cause mach 1 come with high compression engines and if u put a charger u are not going to be able to put that much boost, nitrous will be a better idea but that's just my 2 cents.

Are you talking about a wet or dry kit? I just want to get newer brakes. Mine feel like they are wearing down and I don't ride on the brakes either. I don't think they've ever been changed.

Where can I get gears from? And all these parts you've mentioned Marek? How much did you end up spending and did you get everything at once?

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, if you just want to make your brakes better, opt for some Baer EradiSpeed rotors. excellent stuff...

-you can buy gears from anywhere....look around bro. apex offers $450 or so installed, with all parts and lubes...

haha i know my screenname might throw you off, but i drive a 01 cobra, not a mach1 haha

-if you goto rmpoutlet.com, they have a exhaust package for a bassani catted xpipe and SLP catback for $800 shipped. you really cant beat that. the

-bassani headers will run you about $600 at www.houstonperformance.com (best price ive seen anywhere!).

-talk to Jeff S, on this board, about a SCT chip and tune. he'll hook it up!

-the heavyduty diff. cover is roughly $170 i think....

-the torsen is like $300 i think

-the k&n FIPK is roughly $200

-coilovers in the front will run you $440 or so. get them from www.maximummotorsports.com

-the hans racecraft subframes will run you $140 or $400, depending on which one you buy out of the 2 offered (best stuff! let me tell you).

-the hans racecraft rear shock brace will run you $140 or $160 depending on which one of the 2 you get...

-the MT DR's, goto www.tirerack.com...

-the 31 spline axles i have NO idea what they cost...they shouldnt be too much though...

-also, if you have the extra dough later on, look into the MM panhardbar ($450-$650) and the MM Torque Arm for Tubular subframes ($350)....these 2 mods will really make you handle A LOT better!

i would say, get a few at a time, then once youll get more and more, youll notice the changes, and see if things were worth it or not...

marek

[ August 03, 2005, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Thanks Marek the information really helps, I appreciate it.
[patriot]

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

anytime bro...welcome to the 4V family [Smile]

marek

[ August 04, 2005, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only thing I'd say, is stay away from SLP. They're not making as much power as Magnaflow/Bassani. If you don't have cash now, we have a financing plan that many other people have already taken advantage of. Just a thought. Or you can come check my Mach out @ the shop. I can show you what I've got.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

really?!?!?! no kidding!?! SLP isnt making as much power? i really didnt know that. why is that bro? but let me ask you dude....is an extra $200, rpmoutlet, for a bassani catback worth the extra power? wow...i thought it would be the same as a magnapak catback, since the mufflers are the same pretty much...

ya, chris's mach1 has some of the stuff i mentioned, and he will eventually get most of the stuff on that list as well....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah, they're different. I dunno why they make less power tho. The Bassani catback for the Mach, we sell for $499.00 (Alum not S/S) so it's not much more than the MagnaFlow or MagnaPack setup. http://mach1review.com/CATBackExhaustSystemsReview.html
There's the article on the test they did on the Mach with the catbacks just incase anyone wants to read it.
*Adding in*: On the dyno's we do regularly, the SLP's have generally lower numbers. Not always of course, every car is different.

[ August 04, 2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: 03SHKER ]

1WICKEDmach
¯
Member # 4060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1WICKEDmach  Ford pictures for 1WICKEDmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a slp offroad x pipe and magnaflow mufflers on my mach and love how it sounds. With gears and exhaust it is easy to hit 12s. Id suggest going with 4:10s or even 4:30s. I have the 4:10s and wish i went with the 4:30 gears.

Here is a video clip of my mach at the track to give you an idea of how the exhaust sounds.

http://www.mach1media.org/uph/upl/UP12350.wmv

--------------------
RACETUNE
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Maximum Motorsports Suspension, Exhaust, 4:10's
12.9@105mph 1.88 60ft

1WICKEDmach
¯
Member # 4060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1WICKEDmach  Ford pictures for 1WICKEDmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
The only thing I'd say, is stay away from SLP. They're not making as much power as Magnaflow/Bassani. If you don't have cash now, we have a financing plan that many other people have already taken advantage of. Just a thought. Or you can come check my Mach out @ the shop. I can show you what I've got.

My Mach made 308RWHP& 323RWTQ with just a SLP offroad x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Id say SLP makes just as much power if not more than the other brands. Between me and my friends we have tried all the different exhaust systems on the machs and there is only a few hp difference between the different exhaust systems. I doubt 2hp is going to make a big difference at the track, its going to come down to which you like better.

www.mach1review.com

--------------------
RACETUNE
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Maximum Motorsports Suspension, Exhaust, 4:10's
12.9@105mph 1.88 60ft

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

With an X pipe/Catback & CAI I did 13.2 @ 107. Everything else was stock. Tires, gears, full weight of the car, everything & it was my first time at the track. Ever.

--------------------
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

quote:
Originally posted by 1WICKEDmach:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:

My Mach made 308RWHP& 323RWTQ with just a SLP offroad x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Id say SLP makes just as much power if not more than the other brands. Between me and my friends we have tried all the different exhaust systems on the machs and there is only a few hp difference between the different exhaust systems. I doubt 2hp is going to make a big difference at the track, its going to come down to which you like better.

www.mach1review.com

Yeah, I put that link to their dyno testing up a few posts. 2hp won't make much difference anywhere, and yeah, when you get an exhaust, it always comes down to, 'do you like the sound or not'. I've got a Dr. Gas catted X and MagnaPacks & I love 'em.

--------------------
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

i love offroad....nothing is sexier [Smile]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

I dunno 'bout that. Salma Hayek or an O/R X pipe... I'm gonna have to go with Salma. But... That's just me.

--------------------
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

hahahahaha just like poop, that returns up into the butthole..

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Hahahahaha
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
hahahahaha just like poop, that returns up into the butthole..

hahahaahha

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com