Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tinted Driver & Passenger 5%

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tinted Driver & Passenger 5%
rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over the other day b/c I dont have a front license plate (Who does on a mustang). Well while he was checking out the car he also noticed that my windows are limo tinted all the way around and the eyebrow on the windshield. He also gets me for other small shit like a fix it ticket for change of address, license plate, my windows too dark, no front license plate. I wasnt even doing typical mustang fun, I was driving down the highway.

THE QUESTION--Has anyone ever swapped windows to a friend or installed the windows in the doors?? Any comments or feedback B4 my court date on 7/25 thanks!!!

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think i should be cheaper to take them off and then put them on again, if u need a hook up on window tinted, shit like that happens all the time to me i used get pulled over all the time for the front license plate so now i have it on all the time, and windows i get pulled over all the time too only by highway though, i'm just going to take off for good.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First time offense is only like 40-60 dollars. Pay it if you want. I'd personally remove it and re-install 30% on the driver/passenger.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't go to that trouble. Just pay a tint shop to remove it. It's only like $50.

Then either get lighter tint or leave it off all together. If you roll with tinted windows you will get pulled over again and again.

I got pulled over twice for mine. The second time I got a fix it ticket and had it taken off.

Not worth the BS IMO [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Peel it off, get the ticket signed and just put some back on yourself...It's really easy if you take your time and have a buddy helping you. Total cost, about 18 bucks.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the ticket in the mail and luckily its only a $10 fix it ticket for each of the offenses. My buddy owns a tint shop so I'll hit him up.

How about removing the windows and swapping them?? HoW difficult and whos got the fastest time taking them out??? Thanks for the feedback

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rickm237:
I got the ticket in the mail and luckily its only a $10 fix it ticket for each of the offenses. My buddy owns a tint shop so I'll hit him up.

How about removing the windows and swapping them?? HoW difficult and whos got the fastest time taking them out??? Thanks for the feedback

I've never done it before but I am guessing it would take at least a day to do it if you've not done it. Personally I would not want to do it to my car 'cause it would be a real PITA. You basically have to take you door apart. If you break the glass in the process you are pretty much fucked.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
Originally posted by rickm237:

I've never done it before but I am guessing it would take at least a day to do it if you've not done it. Personally I would not want to do it to my car 'cause it would be a real PITA. You basically have to take you door apart. If you break the glass in the process you are pretty much fucked.
well, take basic Macro Economics in hand. ticket= about $90(just for the hell of it) time to take windows out 10hours x 11 $perhour = $110 x 2 to replace windows again = $220. time is the most important thing in life so just figure out what is worth more for you. just my .02$

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com