Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Whats the next best overall mod

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats the next best overall mod
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
92 5spd ...so far i have
short shifter
LCA
offroad H
Pullies

Whats the next best bang for the buck....i was thinking of getting a MAF and TB..also looking at the Gt40p heads and headers but i dont really feel like taking the car apart

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
basic tune up if needed.
bump timing and run 91 octane
electric fan
subframe connectors

what do you want the car to do? have better brakes, suspension, or go faster in a straight line?

[ July 14, 2005, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're into straight line performance, you could try an NX kit. It was a pretty good bang for the buck item.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be nice to go a little faster in the straights ...runs real good and smooth so no tune up is needed...suspension feels good it has new front control arms from ford racing too...Maybe some SFC and STB to stiffin it up since it's a hatch
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

I'd like to keep it NA, thanks for the input.... keep em comin guys
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some 1.7 roller rockers and intake manifold will help the upper rpms

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to strap on a blowzilla [Wink]

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ya that would be nice......
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2003 cobra mod

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:
2003 cobra mod

true but i have one on my 88 saleen [burnout]

just go with the CAI, TB and MAF and some SFC's

[ July 14, 2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: red GT black rallyes ]

Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you really expect anything from a TB and MAF on a stock engine (and stock heads?)

I'm sorry, but that's throwing some cash away.

gears, pullies, exhaust.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heads cam upper an lower intake bigger throttle body bigger mass air

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

i have gears pullies and exhaust
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for me it was nitrous, but i know u said that u want to stay n/a, i think a good set of tires and upper and lower control arms it will helped u hook up better, knowone never thinks about that they only want to go faster and faster but don't realize they lose more traction.

[ July 15, 2005, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: losbadgt ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much money do you want to spend and how fast do you want to go? I would not waste my time with a MAF (unless you change your heads).

1st get some headers (shorties) and a cat bat exhaust (ie Mac, FlowMaster, etc).

Next I would work on the induction. Get an intake (Trick flow, cobra, gt-40, etc), and a 65mm tb. If you can afford it get a set of heads (trick flow, edelbrock, etc), a cam (E303, TFS stage 1, etc), and some 24lb injectors (along w/ a matching maf).

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also, if you have not done anything to the suspension then I would upgrade that next.

Start with lowering spring, shocks, sub frame connetctors, new rear control arms, and a strut tower brace.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

for suspesion i have some Tubular LCA and the Front Control Arms are the Ford Racing w/ kyb shocks and struts...ohh i have flowmaster mufflers on stock pipes...I might go for a catback, headers, STB, SFC....the catback i have now looks like shit, the welds that were done are awful and it has these tips on it as well...the off road h that is on it looks like crap too, someone rewelded the hooks on it...How much will going with a catted X rob me of HP?
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think that ugly exhaust work will slow u down so i would wait on that if your trying to go faster, with the stuff u had and a TB and edelbrock performer intake and i hit a 13.1 in a GT hatchback with stock heads and shit, just do one thing at a time i would do a lil suspension as u add more horsepower tho, i said TB and MAF because those are the next cheapest things u could add, after that i would do a lil suspension and then heads,cam,intake and sum 24lbers
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red GT black rallyes:
i dont think that ugly exhaust work will slow u down so i would wait on that if your trying to go faster, with the stuff u had and a TB and edelbrock performer intake and i hit a 13.1 in a GT hatchback with stock heads and shit, just do one thing at a time i would do a lil suspension as u add more horsepower tho, i said TB and MAF because those are the next cheapest things u could add, after that i would do a lil suspension and then heads,cam,intake and sum 24lbers

Get some sticky tires and if you're still loosing traction them invest in suspension stuff. If you're not then don't worry about the suspension yet... I haven't had to do one thing to my suspension yet.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com