Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 99+ Mustang GT K-members

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 99+ Mustang GT K-members
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in the market to purchase a K-member and tubular A-arms for my '02 Mustang GT. So far the Griggs Racing one only catches my interest. [Razz]

Who is running a K-member on their 99+ Mustang and which one? What's your thoughts on it? Thanks guys and gals in advance. [Big Grin]

[ June 25, 2005, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: N.L. Koncepts ]

--------------------
-Single T62-2 Turbonetics Turbo-
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com
www.HELLIONPOWERSYSTEMS.com

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what you want to do? Road race? or Drag? i've seen the griggs get bent engine mounts, so fat the strongest one is maximum motorsports one.... Or PA racing, or AJE from jegs.. im also in the market to upgrade my stock k-member and a-arms.. so if anyone out there has any other opinions that would be good too...

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a street car right now but, I drive very agressive. I do plan on taking it to the road track and drag it sometime just for fun to see what times I get. That's it really. I just want something that is not going to bend or break because the way I drive [Big Grin] . Can any one else put their .02 cents on what they've seen and heard.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lightest and the most expensive is griggs. It is not weak and you can get upgraded motor mounts if you are really going to push it. I have the griggs tubular front including a- arms and it took a lot of weight off the car and pushed my wheel forward a bit. The maximum is good as well and looks a bit stronger but it is also pretty heavy. if road racing is what you eventually want to try then the griggs is your best bet.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maximum motorsports is the best. get that one.....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BlacksheepMod50
¯
Member # 2378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacksheepMod50  Ford pictures for BlacksheepMod50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no opinion as to which is the strongest or weakest, etc.. however I have a D&D tubular setup in my 98, and I totally love it. Car handles a lot better and I have yet to experience any probelms with it. The greatest part: I can work on my car now! No more cramped spaces. For me its paid itself off so many times over.

Just my thoughts for whatever they're worth. I know you're looking for 99+ but D&D may make one that fits yours as well

--------------------
98 4.6, stroked to 5.0, all forged, 11:1 comp, cams, LTs, Tubular K-member & A-Arms, Coilovers, Saleen rims, 99+ mani., ported F150 heads. And more..

Posts: 288 | From: Fair Oaks (Sacramento) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Come down to Apex. We have both on the wall. I can show you both, the pros and cons of both & you can weigh the options for yourself. [patriot]

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help so far everyone. If anyone else has any more opinions, feel welcome to chime in.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Werd.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com