Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » lowering my car???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lowering my car???
silverstang03
¯
Member # 5171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstang03  Ford pictures for silverstang03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys i have an '01 gt and was wondering what would be the best brand of springs to lower my car. im the type that likes it with no gap between the tires. so far i've heard eibach pro-kit is the way to go just thought i'd get more opinions thanx anything helps. [Whoo Whooooo!]
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverstang03:
hey guys i have an '01 gt and was wondering what would be the best brand of springs to lower my car. im the type that likes it with no gap between the tires. so far i've heard eibach pro-kit is the way to go just thought i'd get more opinions thanx anything helps. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Not unless you want it too look almost stock [Razz]

Seriously though if you want 0 gap that will tough unless you throw a lot of $ at the susp pieces needed to do so.

If you just want springs than Eibach Sportlines are a little lower and are a specific rate spring but don't forget about shock and C/C plates.

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

silverstang03
¯
Member # 5171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstang03  Ford pictures for silverstang03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what would u guys suggest sportline or pro-kit lowering springs. inputs are greatly appreciated thanx [patriot]
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As TRIXSNK said, if you want no gap then the ProKit's won't make you happy. My buddy and I installed them on his '03 GT and it really didn't drop that much. We ended up cutting out about 1/2 a coil on each side to get it right.

I have some brand new ProKit fronts if you want to try cutting them to get the drop right. The ride on my buddy's GT was just a hair firmer than stock with the stock struts and the cut springs.

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have sportlines and it dropped the car about 2 inches.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i installed some ebay springs on someone's car and they dropped the shit outta the car. the springs just went in with no effort at all because they were so short.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i installed some ebay springs on someone's car and they dropped the shit outta the car. the springs just went in with no effort at all because they were so short.

What are "Ebay springs" [Confused]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SilverLX351:
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:

What are "Ebay springs" [Confused]
springs from ebay

You can get those Eibachs yea, and if you're still not happy cut a coil.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

silverstang03
¯
Member # 5171

thanx for the input guys it helped alot i think i may go with the sportline again the input was greatly appreciated [patriot]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sportlines are only good for looks...They will drop your car in the weeds...I've installed and owned quite a few Eibach kits and had no real problems with the Pro-Kit...The only real problem is that the Pro-kit for a Mustang was a little soft, but its a great street spring...

What are your goals, looks or handling?...

If you want to improve your handling buy a matched set of springs and shocks...H&R springs are going to be a better choice for handling over the Eibach's...Buy a set of Bilstiens and you're all set....

If you want looks then buy a set of Sportlines and enjoy bouncing and bottoming out.... [Big Grin] [dance]

Do it right the first time... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You want no gap?

Eibach Sportline: 425-625 lbs/inch progressive
FMS C: 650lbs/inch linear

You could also try the H&R Supersports

I just finished an article on coil springs if you would like to read up on it in detail on my site:

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/springs.html

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverstang03:
thanx for the input guys it helped alot i think i may go with the sportline again the input was greatly appreciated [patriot]

chuck my car has sportlines on it..when im down again ill show ya aND you can take a good look at it...

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
silverstang03
¯
Member # 5171

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for silverstang03  Ford pictures for silverstang03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx guys maybe i will check out the h & r springs i'm just looking to get handling and looks into one and trying to find the best springs that would do that 4 me!!! if you guys are like me you dont mind paying a little xtra to get it done right the first time thanx again for the input everyone! [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com