Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1965 mustang ignition problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1965 mustang ignition problems
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 65 mustang that is having ignition problems. I have added an electric fan with a painless harness, an electric fuel pump that i wired to the accesory fuse, a MSD 6al that i wired to the original coil wire, and i am running a late model mustang starter that eliminates the fender mounted starter solenoid. Now out of no where my car died on me in the middle of the road so i had it towed home, now i have no power except headlights, taillights, brakelights and dome lights. the blinkers dont work, the car wont turn over, fuel pump doesnt run. Any ideas of what i could have done. Is it possible that I burnt out the ignition switch. Thanks Nick
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a fusable link, check to see if you have power in and out of the ignition switch

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would that blow because of the accesories that i have added?
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its possiable, depends on where all the power is pulled from

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beans  Ford pictures for Beans  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I would check your fuse block and ignition switch... Did you fuse all your accesories? if you didn't that could have caused that to happen too...I knwo on my 65 wen I had it I fried my fuse block bec I didn't fuse my accesories but I was 16 and didin't know much so I knwo to fuse everythign now.....but yea check your ignition switch first then check out the fuse block.
Posts: 32 | From: Livermore California | Registered: May 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com