Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ported Edelbrock pics

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ported Edelbrock pics
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These are not mine but I may grab some for my 88 I am building we have not tossed them on the bench to get new numbers. This is actually my first set of after market 2v sbf head I have ever done. I ussually do the 4.6. 4v and 2v stuff but these are really nice to work on. They are still unfinished and need to be coated I will get some before and after results soon.
Intake port  -
Unfinished chamber http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xr8ted/DSC01108.jpg
Exhaust still needs to be polished  - [IMG]  - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xr8ted/DSC01111.jpg[/IMG]

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn..i might be taken some stuff to u in the future [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are sime pics of some canfields we did on a 327 project http://www.kkpony.com/ click on new 327 gotta love the look of the all black coated motor.

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
408 986 8626

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Wow you wrecked your car ? that suck sorry to hear about the loss..That car came a hell of a long way. Now you got to get a coupe lol.

--------------------
408 986 8626

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:
Here are sime pics of some canfields we did on a 327 project http://www.kkpony.com/ click on new 327 gotta love the look of the all black coated motor.

I agree, all black is the shit [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Performers (1.90 intake) or RPM (2.02) heads?

I did ONLY exhaust work on my wife's old Performer heads (1.90 intake valve). That ended up making pretty good power & running 11.99 @114mph. These were the old style heads that flowed somwhere around 215cfm on the intake side... & I didn't touch the intake side. [Wink] LOL (didn't need to!)

Key in SBF stuff is widening the exhaust port.... Ideally making 2 colums of air that ride around the guide & out the port. (almost like a 'T' shape). Check out some pics of the AFR 205's & 225's & you'll get the idea. These have an 'I' shape....limited space on 2.0 inch exhaust flange. 2.5 inch exhaust bolt patterns give more room so you don't need to do this.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Here are some updated pics of te heads. They will be going on the bench today. For some reason my cam was taking shitty pics I dont know if it was cause of the reflection or what but you can still get an idea of what was done. Gettin ready to shoot the dispersant coating  - .. Coating is now sprayed need to be baked and the ports need to be polished.  - Polished exhaust port Shitty pic.  - Polished chamber need to be cleaned milled and Valve job.  - Another chamber  - ...  -

[ June 01, 2005, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: -NORCALCOBRA- ]

--------------------
408 986 8626

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice but you are doing your porting bacwards. You are suposed to do the valve job first while using some sort of impresion dye then work from there into the bowl area short turn radious and so on. Thats were the most gains are found. Then touch up seats later if you should happen to knick a seat. Thats info I learned from a Nascar porter and still use today. Keep up the good work

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

My boss happens to be a Nascar, Top fuel, and also work at Ed pink racing engines for a while. Heads come with a 3 angle vj and are ree kissed. I dont hit the seats [Wink] .

--------------------
408 986 8626

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Its kind of hard to see but we sand blast the whole head and it leaves a dull gray finish on the seats so you can see it if you hit them.

--------------------
408 986 8626

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice so you already do that anyhow. Keep up the good work.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These guys just came into the shop (APEX) and they're damn cool, and had an example of a Miata head.... Looks REAL good & they know their stuff.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
very nice but you are doing your porting bacwards. You are suposed to do the valve job first while using some sort of impresion dye then work from there into the bowl area short turn radious and so on. Thats were the most gains are found. Then touch up seats later if you should happen to knick a seat. Thats info I learned from a Nascar porter and still use today. Keep up the good work

I take back what I said you have to excuse my lack of experiance. I asked today about this and I was told the best way to do it is to roughin up the ports with the burr amd do the valve job and then sand. so you can blend tohe top angle.

--------------------
408 986 8626

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com