Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Please Help! Aftermarket fuel rails leaking...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help! Aftermarket fuel rails leaking...
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently bought a set of fuel rails and lines off Stangnet, after piecing them together and getting them on my car, the injectors will not seal and when i turn the key all the gas just leaks out onto the intake. WTF? This has turned into such a headache, hopefully someone can help

thanks

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you replace tho O-rings on the injecters?

It takes some messing with to get an aftermarket fuel set-up leak free, my rails leaked too at first.

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah the injectors o rings are all in great shape...and all 8 are leaking. It seems like the rails need to sit down lower, I tried that by elongating the hole for the fuel rail bolt but the rail just bottomed out on the head of the bolt. [Mad]

[ May 19, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: SilverLX351 ]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remove everything, replace any damaged seals. Coat the seals themselves in vasoline, install them on the injectors and install them into the rails. Let it sit overnight w/o fuel in them. It will cause the seals to expand. Also, you may need to make your own brackets to get the rails to seat lower, I've had to do this as well. The first trick has worked 99% of the time though! [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com