Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Kirkey aluminum drag seats

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kirkey aluminum drag seats
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am looking into selling my grey interior and getting some kirkey aluminum drag seats, I was wondering what they are meaning by "hip width"?

Anyone have these, what set up did you go with?? I am small, 5'10" 150 lbs, looking for some lightweight race seats

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=kirkey&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp&x=19&y=5

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the 20 degree lay backs if you are putting these in a street car I would recomend the pro drags from kirkey they are much easyier to get in and out of the car esp. with a cage.. Measuring your waist you sit in a chair and measure the widest points at you hips and thats what size seat you need I have a 16 inch I am 6 feet 165 and I have a little room tho play with... You will need some brackets for the seat I recommend mounting to the cage and a quailty bracket.. Here is a pic of one we made for my car...

Dave
 -  -

[ May 14, 2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: -NORCALCOBRA- ]

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am putting them in a car that will see mostly track duty with the occasional cruise. I plan on having them attached to the cage with the harnesses as well. whats the difference between the economy drag and the Pro???

Edit: is it better to have the seat fit you at the hips or a little bigger?? i measure 16 as well???

[ May 14, 2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think stength quality and weight.. Economy is probably lighter and weaker same fitment though..

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
408 986 8626

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

so should I go with the 18 degree pro 16 inch waist or 17 inch waist

-

--------------------

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

measure your waist last thing you want is a race seat that you flop around side to side in.. There is a place locally that sells them called ioportracing i belive they ussually have some in stock that you can try out..

--------------------
408 986 8626

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:
measure your waist last thing you want is a race seat that you flop around side to side in.. There is a place locally that sells them called ioportracing i belive they ussually have some in stock that you can try out..

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:

Thanks [patriot]
ive got two 17" waist seats

i will be home in less than a week, if u can wait until then i can bring one with me when i bring the welder and the mufflers

you know my size, and the 17 is just right, so the 16 will probably be great for you, ya skinny little bastard

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

66 ac cobra did you ever sell that pump if not I am still interested..

Dave 408 569 1969

--------------------
408 986 8626

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man your pm box has been full for over a week [Big Grin]

I tried calling you when i was going through san jo last week, but no answer [Confused]

but it did sell, sorry man, i would have rather sold it local but I didnt hear back from you

next time [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Damn i didnt even know I had that many pms lol oh well. THank anyways..

--------------------
408 986 8626

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
ive got two 17" waist seats

i will be home in less than a week, if u can wait until then i can bring one with me when i bring the welder and the mufflers

you know my size, and the 17 is just right, so the 16 will probably be great for you, ya skinny little bastard

that would be awsome dude

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com