Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tire ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tire ?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 275s in the rear of my cobras right now...but i am gettin 17x10.5 rims in the rear soon!

would the 275s be good for the 10.5 rims??

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they'll fit Glen, but it might leave the edge of the rim hanging out a bit. You could go bigger like a 305 or whatever

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea 305 would be nice..just dont have $$ for the 305s right now UNLESS someone buys my 275s
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
yea 305 would be nice..just dont have $$ for the 305s right now UNLESS someone buys my 275s

[Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
275 on a 10.5" is way too small. I run a 275 on my 10" and the lip of the rim does come out beyond the tire. If you let the wheel fall it will land on the rim instead of the tire. Go with a 295 at least minimum.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
275 on a 10.5" is way too small. I run a 275 on my 10" and the lip of the rim does come out beyond the tire. If you let the wheel fall it will land on the rim instead of the tire. Go with a 295 at least minimum.

[patriot]
I'm sure you saw this Glen:

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010947

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com