Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 275/40/17 tire in front???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 275/40/17 tire in front???
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will there be major rubbing if I put a 275/40/17 sized tire (on a 17x9 cobra r wheel)at the front of a sn95 cobra (with h/r street springs)? I know it might look like a "frog" in front, but I am just concerned with wheel well rubbing and more grip for the front... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure it'll fit, but the only thing is how low those spring made the car...I had stock Cobra 17x8's with H&R's Sport spings and it would rub the fender with 245's....Maximum Motorsport actually gave me a refund on my springs 'cause they seemed a lot lower than most SN95's...With an Eibach Pro-kit I had no problems with 245's, but I wasn't supposed to..hehe

What tires are you running now and how much clearance do you have?....Is your car "raked" or seem lower at the front than the back?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
90RanGer
¯
Member # 2906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90RanGer  Ford pictures for 90RanGer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the h&r supersports with 17x9 03 cobra rims and 275/40 up front on my 96 and I dont rub at all, and like you said it looks a bit funny up front, but it handles great so I dont complain much. I think next time I get tires I will go 255 though for the looks.
 -

Posts: 142 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it depends how low your car is. on my car the inside lip of the rim rubs the a arm during full lock and the tire rubs the sway bar
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 275/40's up front and they rub..

so i will be gettin rid of them for some 245's...

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
it depends how low your car is. on my car the inside lip of the rim rubs the a arm during full lock and the tire rubs the sway bar

yep me to with an eibach 1.5 drop.
245-45-17's up front

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:

yep me to with an eibach 1.5 drop.
245-45-17's up front

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com