Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need head, cam, intake for 4.6 2v

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need head, cam, intake for 4.6 2v
RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im upgrading all these parts,,I knwo that it is better to change all these parts at one so they can fit well and make a good combo..I would like to know if u guys have in mind the right parts for this,,I want to have 350rwhp N/A,,since I already have nitrous [dance] ,,it will make my car a lot faster. [Wink] [patriot] [patriot]
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fox lake has a good combo for h/c/i.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RobertTS:
Im upgrading all these parts,,I knwo that it is better to change all these parts at one so they can fit well and make a good combo..I would like to know if u guys have in mind the right parts for this,,I want to have 350rwhp N/A,,since I already have nitrous [dance] ,,it will make my car a lot faster. [Wink] [patriot] [patriot]

350rwhp SAE is going to be VERY VERY difficult with a stock displacement 2v.

What are your goals with the motor? Drag only car?

--------------------
03 Silver Cobra: UPR CAI, Full Bassani Exhaust

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
talk to -NORCALCOBRA- I think that is all he does,

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
350 n/a is going to very difficult without a power adder... maybe a stroker 2v with major porting and everything and it definitely would not be smoggable.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox lake intake. Ported heads and do the camshafts after so you can give a cam grinder head specs so you can get a custom cams...350 is alot but it can be done on a stock short block that mite be pushing it Ken b has made over 350 but has no power steering or power brakes and a electric h20 punp his belt goes from the alternator to the lower pully. He does not have any accesories that drag power from his motor other then the alt. Good luck...I say drop a 4v in there and be done with it [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want the car to be street driven and taken to the track on weekends or events,,It doesnt really matter if it doesnt pass the smog test...Ill check with fox lake to see what they have. Thanks guys!! [patriot]
r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could do it with a 4v if you can get it to spin fast enough... like 8K. 2v is just going to be hard to get that kind of flow from.

I know of one guy that's making 300rwhp from a NA 4.6 2v. It wasn't easy. But it is streetable.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We have done heads and long tubes on a car made 301 rwhp not sure of the other mods on the car but cams are worth 15 - 20 and intake about the same

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
408 986 8626

RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:
We have done heads and long tubes on a car made 301 rwhp not sure of the other mods on the car but cams are worth 15 - 20 and intake about the same

How much for heads and intake? If u have the proper cams for the combo Ill be pleased to buy them also..

[ April 29, 2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: RobertTS ]

RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

quote:
Originally posted by -NORCALCOBRA-:

How much for heads and intake? If u have the proper cams for the combo Ill be pleased to buy them also..
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
350 rwhp n.a. I'm thinking you might want to put an LS1 in there.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Roberft Give me a call 408 569 1969 Dave.... We can flow bench some ported heads and have shaun @ h.c.i suggest a cam for you ..

--------------------
408 986 8626

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO 350RWHP on a stock shortblock 281 is un-realistic. 300RW is more like it....but every dyno is different. What really matters is how it runs at the track. 350RWHP in a 3400lb raceweight 5spd GT should run over 115mph in the 1/4 no problem. I've not seen any N/A GT run anywhere close to that. The best I've seen at Sac Raceway is 110mph with 310/310RW. For 11.99 N/A in a 3300lb raceweight 5spd mustang you'll need sub 1.7 60fts & ~320RWHP/TQ. This should net 112-114mph.

We installed one of those P51 intakes on a built 2V.....POS intake. It needed a LOT of attention to get it to perform anywhere close to what it should. In the end the car would have made just as much, if not more power with a stock intake manifold. IMO the best 2V intake on the market is a ported Bullet.

Also....we've had 'issues' with Fox lake heads. The ones we got had sleeves in the guieds that pulled out, burned, & the motor started burning oil. Plus they used dual valvesprings w/TI retainers & stock style locks. This is a big no-no. You can't run a lot of spring pressure with the stock style locks. They are NOT a positive lock. We've seen these setups break springs (on Fox lake heads)....which can drop a valve....which can destroy a motor.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com