Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question about a 2000 GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about a 2000 GT
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is a good Cam and intake. Need to work well together?!?!?!?!?!?

Smog Legal?

Thanks, Irish

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to modulardepot.com and ask there. High hp mod guys go there and are very informative. Try VT they make some good heads and cams. I think Big Boi in Fremont also makes smog legal stuff.
johnny

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not too up on the 2v stuff anymore but i think it's common knowledge that if you are planning on delving into the motor to do the cams it might be worthwhile to think about porting the heads as well.

A far a staying smog legal...i don't think there are many profiles out there that would net hp for the amount of $$.

Like stated VT, Comp, Livernois etc. appear to have good valvetrain for the mod motors.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call John or Scott at Alterspeed in lathrop.
Very knowlegable on 4.6 and 5.0 mustangs.They do engine upgrades,rebuilt and etc.They also tune and have an in-house dyne.

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alterspeed number: (209)235-7890

--------------------
gt40

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Irish- whats up man? Is your motor about to go? I would think you would have massive power gains with a blower over tearing into the motor and going that route. An S trim, Cooler, and a little larger pump will get you a lot. And if you buy the Vortech stuff it will have Carb numbers so you should be able to pass without any problems (might be wrong.)

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds similar to this:
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010946

Even though this is a 4.6 vs a 5.0 in the other thread.

But if it comes down to heads/cam(s) vs a blower and money is available than i would say blower in both cases for many different reasons.

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Irish- whats up man? Is your motor about to go? I would think you would have massive power gains with a blower over tearing into the motor and going that route. An S trim, Cooler, and a little larger pump will get you a lot. And if you buy the Vortech stuff it will have Carb numbers so you should be able to pass without any problems (might be wrong.)

This is going to be for the new motor. But just getting thoughts for now. See what options I have and what would be the best for the $$. Kinda brain storming out loud.

But then the 04 cobra is an options as well! [Smile]

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by IRISH:

That way you get 2 extra cams, a blower, built bottom, and a T-56 [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by IRISH:
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:

This is going to be for the new motor. But just getting thoughts for now. See what options I have and what would be the best for the $$. Kinda brain storming out loud.

IRISH- Quit fucking around and go get the 04 cobra. Hands down not a hard decision.
[patriot] [Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com