Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EGR question.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EGR question.
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This maybe a noob question but, I don't care. I'm running a DR.Gas O/R X. And the EGR tube has nowere to hook up. Do I plug that or do I take it to a shop and have them fab a spot for it to hook up on the X pipe? Also since the egr reintroduces the exhaust gases to the combustion chambers to keep the temp down, since I don't have this hooked up will it effect how hot the motor runs?

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take it your talking about the tube that hooks up to the stock H-pipe. That is actually your downstream air injection tube, since your running an O/R x pipe anyway theres not any real point in hooking this tube back up, you'd fail the visual for smog for no cats anyway. Just tie it up out of the way and be done with it.

If you were talking about the EGR tube that ties into the passenger side header/manifold, again mostly its only gonna be a problem with smog(visual and out the tailpipe). It *probably* will not cause any driveability problems.

You guys in Redding only have to smog your cars when you sell them anyway right?

[ April 18, 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com