Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel gauge isn't working

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel gauge isn't working
blue88lx
¯
Member # 2970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue88lx  Ford pictures for blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My fuel gauge is stuck on full. It won't move until the fuel tank is 1/8. Once I fill it up it stays their until the tank is 1/8. Is it the fuel sensor? If so, where is it located?
evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got an '89 LX convertible. It could be the sending unit which is mounted in the tank (meaning drop the tank), or it could very well be the IVR Integrated Voltage Regulator, which has a tendancy to go out on our cars (mine did). You'd have to pull the gauge cluster and it's bolted to the back. Small problem - they're discontinued from Ford and I never found an auto parts store that carried them either! If it is the IVR, start hitting the junkyards and hope you find a good one or go to an aftermarket fuel gauge. That's what I did.

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

Posts: 285 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com