Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » s281 spoiler intallation 94-98

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: s281 spoiler intallation 94-98
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought an s281 spoiler from saleen and dropped it off at the body shop today to have it painted.

Anybody that has this spoiler does it really only have to spots for bolts. This seems like a crappy design. The stock spoiler had four bolts that came the trunk.

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an older S281 wing and mine hsa 4 bolts, I hear the new ones only have two. I dont see it being a bad design or anything, but I have seen that the fit on the new ones isn't as close to being flush with the rear deck as the older ones, but that has nothing to do w/ the number of bolts.

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
red03tenth
¯
Member # 4335

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for red03tenth  Ford pictures for red03tenth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put a 3 piece s281 spoiler on my o3 cobra and on the 2 arms that go on the middle in the trunk i had to put to small screws to keep it tight.

--------------------
REDLINE.INC

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
finally got my spoiler back from paint and put it on. Called Saleen, the spoiler is designed for two bolts and a lot of 3M double sided tape.

I think thats crap I have to run out and buy some more double sided tape to have a secure fit.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com