Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » KILL SWITCH

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: KILL SWITCH
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A COSTUME KILL SWITCH OR BATTERY KILL SOME KIND OF SECURITY "DEVICE".... SOME LIL TRICKS YOU COULD DO. SO NO DUMB AZZ-HOLE COULD STEAL YOU CAR???

"IM SURE A LOT OF PEOPLE COULS USE SOME TRICKS"
THANKS

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy an alarm - most have a kill switch built in. If someone really wants to steal your car though, it's gonna get stolen.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just find a way to kill the spark and/or fuel. I'm sure theres a binch of ways to do it, but i dont know if it would be the best idea for people to post their secrets on a public message board if ya get me. [Wink]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Just find a way to kill the spark and/or fuel. I'm sure theres a binch of ways to do it, but i dont know if it would be the best idea for people to post their secrets on a public message board if ya get me. [Wink]

Yup it's never good to post this kinda stuff on a public forum. I'm sure there are criminals who read this too [Wink]

I would get an alarm with built in ignition kill.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEAH THATS TRUE BUT JUST CURIOUS. MY CAR STAYS IN THE GARAGE ANYWAYS. AND I DO HAVE AN ALARM. IVE JUST BEEN HEARING PEOPLE TALK ABOUT KILL SWITCHES, AND I GUIESS IT BE A LIL SAFER WITH ONE OF THOSE TOO, GET ME

--------------------
FALL OFF...

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a kill switch then you need to find one that has proper resistance to the gauge wire it is connected to. So for instance if you hook a kill switch to your fuel pump, you can run almost any size switch because the wires are no larger than 12 gauge normally. But say you want to kill the battery, right? Well, in that case you need a switch that can handle a huge 12 volt on/off surge of electricity. Summit sells both. I won't post too much because yeah, those opportunistic folks do not need to know any more about our cars than they already do.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's easy, find a ground wire and run it inline with a switch. Then hide it somewhere creative.

Switch on = no ground no go
switch off = grounded

Do it this way and you can pretty muchrun any switch since you're just switching a ground. Don't have to worry about running a live wire with the proper ampage either. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:
It's easy, find a ground wire and run it inline with a switch. Then hide it somewhere creative.

switch off = grounded

Do it this way and you can pretty muchrun any switch since you're just switching a ground. Don't have to worry about running a live wire with the proper ampage either. [Whoo Whooooo!]

actually, current flows from the ground to the positive, making ground more important.

electronics 101.

if you want to have a kill switch on something that needs a lot of current, like the battery, you need to use a relay, use the switch to activate the relay that way the current doesn't go through the switch.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

cool i think that will work. yeah thats true, we cant say to much cuz azz holes like to steal mens pride and joy-their cars..but thanks

--------------------
FALL OFF...

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Search eBay. There's a guy on there that makes a nifty little kit and sells them along with instructions. I got mine off of there.

A side note, a kill switch is hardly a secret. If someone is going to steal your car, they probably know enough about cars to look for something like that.

Just don't put it in an easy place to find/get to.

I have a kill switch and removeable steering wheel.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here, found this link for ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&?ViewItem&item=7961865828

[ March 18, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MustangNate ]

--------------------

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that particular kit only works for Sn95s? what would need to be done to have it work on my fox?
Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:

switch off = grounded

actually, current flows from the ground to the positive, making ground more important.

electronics 101.

and voltage flows from the pos to the neg... i hated arguing about which theory was better in tech school

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
von4hp
¯
Member # 5077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for von4hp  Ford pictures for von4hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I park in an area where I think my car might get stolen I just pull the fuel pump relay out. Pretty easily accessible in a fox.

--------------------
89GT nothin special: shorties, o/r x, 2 chamber dumps, alum driveshaft, tremec 3550, 3:73s, chrome cobra r's, eibach springs.

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Here's a kit for a fox. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=7962489890&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

quote:
Originally posted by von4hp:
If I park in an area where I think my car might get stolen I just pull the fuel pump relay out. Pretty easily accessible in a fox.

Those people in the Bay Area that steal fox Mustangs are professionals. They know where things are on a fox, if it's easily accessible to you, then it's easily accessible to them.

--------------------

ShiftyGT
¯
Member # 3862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShiftyGT  Ford pictures for ShiftyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy learned a few years back that no matter what you do to protect your car, you cant beat the thieves if they have a tow truck!

--------------------
1990 GT, Back in action

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Hard to tow it if your front wheels are cranked to one side and there's no steering wheel. [burnout]

--------------------

ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

yeah thats all true. if they really wanna steal it, they will do what ever it takes. but if i leave my car outside. i take everything possible off, alarm and a club. f*** it right? doesnt hurt....thank you for everyones input, im sure everyone appreciates it as much as i do. thanks again

--------------------
FALL OFF...

ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA'SQUEEN
¯
Member # 5423

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA'SQUEEN  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA'SQUEEN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Sexy

--------------------
THE ONE AND ONLY QUEEN

WHY BE A PRINCESS?
WHEN YOU CAN BE A QUEEN!!!!

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH HEY how ya doin yea me fine. man i got fans everywhere.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

no relax dude, dont get to happy haha lol. shes takin to me, its my girl just sayin hi

--------------------
FALL OFF...

ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

has anyone seen the TAXI movie. doesnt she have the detachable steering wheel? does anyone know if you coul;d buy one of those? just curious

--------------------
FALL OFF...

rjalx
¯
Member # 3245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjalx  Ford pictures for rjalx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If i park in an area where I think my car might get stolen, I won't park there. [Razz]
stang bang 67
¯
Member # 4856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang bang 67  Ford pictures for stang bang 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONEERON:
quote:

If i park in an area where I think my car might get stolen, I won't park there. [Razz]
lol....i ain't parkin' there. [Smile]

--------------------
67 fastback
03 ranger(sold)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com