Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need Help----GT to Bullit brake upgrade..(update-completed)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help----GT to Bullit brake upgrade..(update-completed)
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up the following brake kit for my 98 GT. When I went to install it, I came across a problem. The supplied brake lines have a larger fitting than the stock ones. So when I tried to attach the new lines to the stock hard brake lines they don't match up. Check out this pic. The stock brake line is one the right and the one supplied with the kit is on the left.
 -

Does anyone know which brake lines I was supposed to get? The ones I got say they are for 94-98 cobras, which have the same caliper as the Bullits. Any one got any ideas on what I need to do to make these brakes work??
Thanks for any help.

[ March 04, 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: RioredGT ]

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might need an adapter fitting. COntact PPI, their info is here:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/BigBrakes/index.php

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
You might need an adapter fitting. COntact PPI, their info is here:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/BigBrakes/index.php

Cool. Thanks for the info. [patriot]
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's possible, take both brake hoses to a NAPA Autoparts, they can get you the adapter fitting. Kragen, Pep Boys, or Autozone may have the part, but in my experience, they will not be able to find it for you.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's been a long time since I did anything with the lines on my cars, but I seem to recal that the hoses are side specific and therefore the chassis side fittings are different from side-to-side.

--------------------
Kevin

Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

quote:
Originally posted by kpl:
it's been a long time since I did anything with the lines on my cars, but I seem to recal that the hoses are side specific and therefore the chassis side fittings are different from side-to-side.

You were right!! (I feel like an idiot [Embarrassed] ) Thanks alot man. I finally had time to go back and finish today. I swithced the pads that came with the kit and put on some Hawk HPS pads. All I can say is wow, what a difference. Thanks for the help CAfords [patriot]

-

-

[ March 04, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: RioredGT ]

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lookin good [Cool]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good. [patriot]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that looks NICE!
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Damn that looks NICE!

--------------------
-89 MUSTANG 5.0 lx vert (sold as of 2-10-08 for $8K)
-Ford F-100 with blown chevy 502
2004.5 dodge ram, 500hp and 1100tq
-84 yoda on 39s

Posts: 977 | From: Fremont ,ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Looks good. [patriot]

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely looks good... how is the braking now?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Thanks for the compliments guys. [patriot]
As far as the braking goes, I really haven't gone too hard on them yet(want to make sure they bed themselves properly). But just from everyday driving there's a very noticeable difference. The brakes are nice and firm, it only takes very little pedal to stop or slow the car. I'm very pleased with the upgrade...

2005GTskip
¯
Member # 4885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2005GTskip  Ford pictures for 2005GTskip    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Damn that looks NICE!

i need to get some
[worship]

--------------------
2005 Gt

Posts: 294 | From: Discovery bay,California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com