Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EEC-IV Computer failure?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EEC-IV Computer failure?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Jeep has a 92 5.0L in it and it randomly won't have any power to accelerate. I believe since the problem has started everytime i've disconnected the battery to do electrical work on it when i reconnect the battery and turn the key a buzzing noise comes from under the dash. It on;y does it if you haven't driven the vehicle around yet once you do that it never does it again unless you disconnect the battery. I am pretty sure its not the CD player and theres nothing else except the Computer under there so has anyone had their 5.0s computer die or had problems where their computer was dying? what did it do? any noises?
thanks,
Dana

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LXman25thANNV.
¯
Member # 5359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXman25thANNV.  Ford pictures for LXman25thANNV.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how long after connecting the batt cable does it do it? Remember that the computer will need time to re-learn stuff over again.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it does it until i drive it. So if i disconnected the battery and then reconnected it, it would do it the minute i turn the key and if i don't start the car it will keep doing it even after the key has been taken out. It will do it until i actually drive it somewhere. Anyways i don't know if it really is the computer it just doesn't sound like its coming from the CD player so i don't know could be some reley under the dash making noise.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LXman25thANNV.
¯
Member # 5359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXman25thANNV.  Ford pictures for LXman25thANNV.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm..I have no idea if the comp can even make that noise, but i guess that thats what it would be because of the loss of power. I would call up a ford shop and ask. the computers arent hard to find or expensive either. good luck [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i might have found the problem...i don't want to say i did because everytime i do the problem returns lol. The rubber hose going to my PCV was cracked and would leak if the PCV valve was jiggled while under a vacuum, we replaced it and so far so good. Idles kinda funny.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com