Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » alternator wires burnt!! help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: alternator wires burnt!! help!
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok..so las night my car dies basically..and i couldnt really see anything under the hood cause it was dark and i had no light.

So today i get it towed back to my house and i pop the hood and check it and i find that my alternator wires (the one that connects to it with the bolt on top) is compeletely FRIED!! i try to move it a lil bit and the fucker just snaps right off! What also sucks is i think it burned up some of my ECT wires too..(they were near the alt wires that burnt)...

What I need to know is what do I get to fix this problem?? need help fellas..

(what a great way to try and sell a car...after one day of posting it up for sale...this shit happens [Frown] )

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when my alternator wire caught on fire my engine ground was bad or went bad so you might wanna check that out.

[ February 23, 2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: FoX GT ]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***
¯
Member # 2978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***  Ford pictures for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a common problem with all fords that have the same wireing plug the plug wears out after time theres not much you can do about it thats why when you uy a new altnator it usally come with a new plug it should of burnt any computer wires unless some one ran them together its easy to fix you just need to get a new light harness it takes about 20 min to change

--------------------
MM PERFORMANCE
916-993-9581

Posts: 861 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys i got it fixed...did it today [Smile]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com