Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » World Products Winsdor Jr. heads?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: World Products Winsdor Jr. heads?
WeStBaY5.0
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are for a short block.
Would they work on my 5.0 with a z-cam? Would you recomend?
Thanks for the info guys,
Danny

[ February 21, 2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: WeStBaY5.0 ]

:
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have them on my '90 with an E-cam. They are decent heads. Are you getting them new or used and how much?

If you are getting them new I would recommend getting them bare and having them assembled with good hardware (the stock hardware blows). Also have the runners and chambers at least cleaned up. They are rough out of the box.

When I got mine I had them lightly ported and gasket matched along with my GT40 intake. The chambers were also polished and they were assembled with quality hardware and seals.

Like I said, they are a decent head if you get them cleaned up and don't spend too much on them. I'm making around 270 at the wheels with my bolt ons. I could be making a bunch more with a different head and cam but I wanted a SMOG legal, streetable set up for not too much $$. The Windsor Jr's fit the bill for that.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are they iron or aluminum?

the aluminums are a lot nicer than the iron's...but they are cheap good heads.

my buddy went 11's on the irons w/ stock block , 125 shot and ported gt-40

that was a '92 gt

[ February 22, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: nitrous_bob ]

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com