Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help!!!!i push in the cluch and the car dies.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help!!!!i push in the cluch and the car dies.
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i push the cluch in at idle and the idle will go down and die,when im comeing to a stop and i push the cluch in the car will die unless i come off the cluch pedal fast enough,please help thank you.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
LXman25thANNV.
¯
Member # 5359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXman25thANNV.  Ford pictures for LXman25thANNV.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of car is it? does it do it when its cold or warm? does the motor idle bad when your just sitting there? My 1990 mustang 5.0 would die because the MAF sensor plug was loose.(the idle would go from 400-1500 rpm over and over until it would just die) You need to add way more info in order to get any real help [Smile]
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try to "re-learn" the idle. heres how:

Un-plug the Idle Air Bypass(IAB), and set the idle where you want it.

Unplug the battery and plug the IAB back in...then hook the battery back up.

Start the car, and let it run for 2 minutes with no accessories on.

next, let the car sit for 2 minutes.

Start the car with all accessories on (headlights, Stereo, heater, etc.) Let it run for 2 minutes and the idle is re-learned.

Also, if your rolling sensor is not hooked up this could happen. After seeing your last post about the code reader, definately make sure your neutral safety switch is hooked up and works properly.

[ February 20, 2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: SilverLX351 ]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill try checking the neutral safty swich.thank you.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). Try unplugging it and see if there is any change. If no change, replace the VSS or swap in a known good one from another Mustang.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com