Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What injectors/else do I need?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What injectors/else do I need?
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to finally try and finish the stupid GT in the comming months and need to get the parts list setup right.
Here is what it has:
TFS TW heads, track intake, stage 1 tfs cam
Full exhaust
accufab tb and PRo-m maf (i know it will need to be recalibrated)
STock block

Soon to go on: vortech s-trim, planning on running the stock pulley and getting it dyno tuned

I think I need 42lb's but i'm not sure, anything else major i'm missing?

Thanks

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, if you're running the stock S trim pulley..you don't need 42's. You can do with 36's just fine. If you're going to put the S trim on..wait to the do the injectors/MAF at the same time. No reason to do the re-cal twice. Only other thing I see is the fuel system...what is the setup gonna be?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I wasn't that clear. Everything but the s-trim is on the car now with 30lb'ers (i know, way to big, I was stupid) I plan on putting new injectors with the recalibrated maf all at the same time when the s-trim gets installed.

I have a larger fuel pump but I'm going to have to stick with the stock fuel for a little while I think, thats why I want to keep the boost kinda on the lower side (not to mention the stock block/t5)

I know I will need a new tranny probably not to much longer after the blower (especially if I bother taking it to the track)

Do you still do side work? If so, give me an idea what you'd want to install the blower [Smile]

thanks for the time

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your going to have it tuned, then you dont need to recal the MAF. I would say put the 42's, ditch the FMU and have it tuned.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you currently have 30's and a MAF to match, I vote to have it re-cal'd when stepping up to 42's or whatever. If you have it done with the tune and make changes later, you may need to have a chip re-burned...why waste the $?
5-6 psi and 30's is more than enough. If you run an FMU, just make sure it's the correct ratio. I would step up to a 255 intank as well as a AFPR.

And yes, the T-5 will be departing the area soon. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com