Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » GT-40 P heads

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: GT-40 P heads
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How good are the valve springs on these heads? Can they except 1.6 rockers and an e-cam or do they need to be upgraded to better springs. Thanks

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never had any experience with those heads Mike, but I can tell you one thing....I've learned the hard way too many times to match all the components of the valvetrain...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will be fine with a 1.6 rocker and an E Cam.I have the P heads with an E cam and 1.7 rockers and am having no issues at all with valve float or coil bind.Hope that helps [patriot]

[ February 14, 2005, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
1WICKEDmach
¯
Member # 4060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1WICKEDmach  Ford pictures for 1WICKEDmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be fine. My lunati cam is the same lift as the F cam and i have no problems.

--------------------
RACETUNE
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Maximum Motorsports Suspension, Exhaust, 4:10's
12.9@105mph 1.88 60ft

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys [patriot]
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Rickster
¯
Member # 962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rickster  Ford pictures for Rickster  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hijack....so I would assume then that the springs that came stock with the GT40P's would be fine with the TFS stage1? .512 lift? I calced the e303 with 1.7's to be around .528 lift...(.498 @.5 w/ 1.6 R)

???

--------------------
1965 ACCobra Replica (FFR MKll)
w/ 1992 LX convert. running gear

Planning ahead for that midlife crissis!

Posts: 131 | From: Cedar Ridge | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On my buddies GT40-Ps it was too close to binding with the trick flow stage 1 cam and 1.6 rockers. I wouldn't risk droppin a valve over a $100 would you. Check it like you always should, that is what I do.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was wondering if the gt40 p heads of a older lightning would bolt on my 89 gt with 1.7 rockers and a e-cam. and what kind of power gains would i expect on 8 punds of boost??

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will the gt40p heads bolt on my motor? i have 1.7 rockers and a e-cam

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ranger guy:
will the gt40p heads bolt on my motor? i have 1.7 rockers and a e-cam

did you read my reply above? that is exactly what I have as far as H/C and ROockers are concerned..........
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

someone was sayin that the headbolt sizes were different? is that true.

--------------------

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

and what kind of power gains do you get?

--------------------

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ranger guy:
someone was sayin that the headbolt sizes were different? is that true.

head bolt sizes are the same. Just put some on my buddies car this weekend. They raise compression, move the park plug closer to the center of the chamber. They also flow better than the original gt40s. I am guessing maybe 20hp untouched.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com