Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » STILL HAVING ELECTRICAL ISSUES? NEW PROBLEMS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: STILL HAVING ELECTRICAL ISSUES? NEW PROBLEMS
94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94Blackout  Ford pictures for 94Blackout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So just last night while I was driving, my dash cluster lights turned off, my boost and fuel gauges in the pillar turned off, and so did the radio illumination. Checked the fuse (or at least the one the chart said), and it was still good.

Any good reason they would do this? Car is still running good, and headlights and such still on. Suggestions?

[ February 17, 2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: 94Blackout ]

--------------------
87 5.0 LX: Exploded
94 Cobra: Totalled
94 GT Vert: Rear ended
98 Charged GT: Sold
65-67 2+2 Fastback: Someday...

Posts: 704 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
DaveG
¯
Member # 1606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveG  Ford pictures for DaveG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try adjusting your brightness knob.

--------------------
DaveG
96-0029 S-351
Supercharged Speedster
613rwhp, 633rwtq

94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94Blackout  Ford pictures for 94Blackout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They just turned off. My hand was nowhere near the knob for that to be the issue.

Nor do I think I'm that retarded [Big Grin]

--------------------

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now I know where your screen name came from [Wink]

Does your radio still work, it just doesn't light up?

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

HAHAHAHA, I'll change it to DashBlackout if I don't fix it.

Yes, radio still works, just no illumination on the buttons like there usually is.

--------------------

S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check for a possible headlamp switch problem. The instrument panel illumination gets it's feed from the headlight switch. Check and see if the parking lamps work. If they don't, you have a bad switch.
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where do your gauge lights get their power?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
TURLX50
¯
Member # 3928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURLX50  Ford pictures for TURLX50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this happend to my car and it was the dash light adjuster i was just drivin and all my lights went out try playin with the dimmer switch if not i would say borrow some once and plug it in maybe it went bad.... but that was my problem
Posts: 304 | From: WALNUT CREEK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YOu may have already tried this, but in cars there is a circuit of fuses. So sometimes when one fuse goes, it cuts other things off as well. SO even though a fuse you looked at isn't blown, there may be one that is blown that you didn't even see. Look at all of them and then you'll be sure that isn't the problem.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Headlight switch appears to be good. The pillar gauges turn on from the headlight switch and get their power from the fusebox.

Pulled about half of the fuses, so far none are bad. Going to do the rest tommorrow. Pretty weird.

--------------------

94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Pulled all the fuses, all appear to be good to go. Think it could be somewhere in the ignition switch too?

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94Blackout:
So just last night while I was driving, my dash cluster lights turned off, my boost and fuel gauges in the pillar turned off, and so did the radio illumination. Checked the fuse (or at least the one the chart said), and it was still good.

Any good reason they would do this? Car is still running good, and headlights and such still on. Suggestions?

mine did this too. I replaced my light switch and its fine now but i noticed it must have gotten hot cause the connector for the light switch is melted and my clock doesn't work anymore [Frown] I got a new harness connector for it i just haven't installed it yet.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Ok, looks like the problem is getting worse. This morning when I go to drive to work, the damn Air Bag light started blinking, and then it stayed on the entire way to work.

Got out of the car, and the taillights and front turn signals weren't working either (headlights were though). Fuses still all look good as well. How can I tell if the headlight switch is working properly??? Or is this a different problem now that the air bag light is on?

--------------------

94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Swapped out the headlight switch even though the other one appeared to be in good condition. Still did not fix the problem. The airbag light is still on as well?

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would a code scanner help pinpoint the problems he's having with electrical?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com