Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Vibration solved with PIC

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Vibration solved with PIC
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S.O.B. The 3 that are there are a half turn loose. I just removed the 3 that are there and tossed on some lock tite, and will get the 4th and add lock tite tomorrow.
 -

Now back to the damn top motor problems........

[ February 08, 2005, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
needs to be balanced...just my guess

my car is doing the same thing 70 mph.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The problem is fairly new. Was smooth and PERFECT. Can't really point out something done and say THERE is when it started. It gets very bad as it nears 80, shaking the center console etc. 69 and below it is nice and smooth.

Atleast this has kept me from speeding, lol. Just set the CC at 69 and go [Frown]

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Possibly, bent/worn trans output shaft or bearing...Could be outta balance tires, or maybe the e-brake cables just wore into the new driveshaft and caused an in-balance....There are external weights sometimes used to balance the driveshaft that may have been knocked off too...

Good luck

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same problem, exactly at 70 mph. I can pinpiont when it started though, when I installed the new TKO. Same clutch and flywheel were used, and marked and reinstalled the same, and reused the FMS alum DS. Even bought the DS spacer, didn't fix it. Made sure the DS was clocked properly, no go. Put in a stock steel DS, no go.

Im going to check pinion/tailshaft angles next, if shimming it up if its off doesnt cure it, Im forced to remove the trans and recheck everything.

I've heard rumors of Tremecs being out of balance, but this is a brand new TKO500, and I just am not ready to deal with all that.

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try rotating the driveshaft 180 degrees at the rear end. It works about 50% of the time.
89saleen
¯
Member # 3083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89saleen  Ford pictures for 89saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also check for worn tranny/motor mounts- I fought the same problem but replaced the motor mounts & it went away.

--------------------
Its over Johnny-

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I have an aluminum driveshaft in my 93 AOD vert. Car is SMOOTH right up until exactly 70mph.

Possibilities?

who cares , speed limits 65, just kidddin [Big Grin]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My motor and trans mounts are all energy pieces, dont think thats the cause.
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you can, pull the driveshaft out. Check the u-joints for any excessive play and/or binding. How old is the driveshaft anyway?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

U joints are a possibility. I'll check that tonight.

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow...I'm checking for that tonight!!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

It's amazine what a bolt and tightening the other 3 will do to get rid of ALL vibrations. Who'd a thought

--------------------

S2 STALLION
¯
Member # 995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S2 STALLION  Ford pictures for S2 STALLION    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a certain way you should bolt the driveshaft to the rear end?
Posts: 223 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by S2 STALLION:
is there a certain way you should bolt the driveshaft to the rear end?

Well, you should use 4 bolts, locktite, and tighten them A LOT [Wink]

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and make sure you put it on the same way you took it off.
good thing you caught that hidnos [Eek!]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

It's a very good thing I caught it now, rather than when it came off on the freeway @ 69mph, lol. I thought a couple weeks ago, I wonder if the bolts could be loose, but was too lazy to jack it up when I got home and get under the damn car. This will be a lesson for sure, as I hope it will be for others that saw my mistake.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com