Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Going EFI on the 65........Some Questions For you Pros!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Going EFI on the 65........Some Questions For you Pros!
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK....Me and 510stang and some of his buddie are helping him get his 65 running EfI. Here are the couple of question that i want to ask you guys about going rfi on the 65...............

.Since he dont have to pass smog and all that b.s,what and what not can we plug up from vaccums?or cant you at all? we are not going to run a smog pump for sure so just plug the back of the heads correct? but what about the vaccums like to the EGR,the 2 vaccums that go to the smog pump hoses, and the ones that go to the back of the upper intake? and what about the one that goes to the black little canister and goes to the front of the upper manifold?Will it be safe to block that one off?i just need to know which ones are kool to block off and others that need to be connected so it wont run like poop and waste alot of gas. since it is going to be his daily driver.

Next Question. this is a cai question.
would the bbk cai fit the 65 if we moved the battery to the back and cut the fender wall?is that possible?

2nd Question. to put an 8.8 rear end on the 65. what are all the excessories we need?and what needs to be welded?

3rd question. Transmission question: do you need the nuetral saftey wiring harnest or can we skip that? thanks for your time again cafords. ill probably have more questions later when we get all the accesories. thanks again [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea u could put the bbk in there but do u want to cut a hole in the stang? just put a filter after the maf. (we aint rice rockets we dont need that extra 3hp) [Razz] as for the batt it looks sweet in the trunk put it there. just make sure u gound it good and dont forget to ground the engine after u move the batt or else it wont start. and i dont think that u need to safty switch i dont have one on my old skoo and all that lets me do is start it in ne gear.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not do something like the spyder intake?

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of the smog stuff you can remove- vacuum solenoids for the air pump and the egr can be unplugged and removed, if you want to keep the check engine light off(if your even running one), you can soder in a sensor simulator from www.ronmorrisperformance.com I've also heard that you can get a chip burned to take care of this too. and yes its ok to block off the canister purge port.

Dont know about the CAI, the shock towers are a lil bit tighter on a '65, you could also make something custom too.

I've heard that the Explorer 8.8 is a pretty close fit, a late Mustang 8.8 would have to have all of the old brackets chopped off and leaf spring perches welded on. Dont forgewt the driveshaft will be different and of course check the width of the rear end too.

Hope this helps

[ January 28, 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info yu guys [patriot] hey that guy from team legion. do you have a primer black mustang with roll cage. if so i seen you around. but my buddy seen a car with a sticker with the pissing guy and on the bottom say team legion? guess you guys have enemies. nice care though if its yours [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't chip it the only problem to worry about is pinging under part throttle due to no egr system. Being that it is a lighter car, you will probably be ok.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i saw that guy b4 hes an old friend... hes just another hater that dont want to see me about nothing. id blow his doors. naw my fifty is half black and primer and my old skoo is blue.

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

let me know how the swap goes im looking into it for my 70. and goodluck

--------------------
The anti-crew

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com