Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Headers for my 94

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Headers for my 94
Snake Bite
¯
Member # 88

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snake Bite  Ford pictures for Snake Bite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up ya'll, I got a quick question......

I wanna put either some BBK's or Mac headers on my 94 gt, but i see that there are two types of headers.

Equal length headers and un-equal length headers.

Which is better E/L or U/L? which would be easier to install and which would give me better results as far a HP.

Thanks in advance

--------------------
94 gt convertible- 3.73 gears, cobra upper/lower intake, steeda tri-ax shifter,jet chip,march pulleys,k&n filtercharger system,mac off road h-pipe,2 chamber flows,3" chrome tips,white face gauges,17x9 chrome cobra r's,cobra front bumper,96 cobra hood

Posts: 56 | From: concord, ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't use either of those brands. If you do however choose between the two I would get the BBK un-equal length's. The equal lengths are more of a chore to install and often times result in the burning of spark plug boots. The difference in power is a nothing between the equals and un-equals. My suggestion for headers on your car would be ford racing parts ceramic coated headers as #1 or JBA headers as #2. Also make sure you buy high quality gaskets and use header bolts that have a lock washer.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have used the BBKs before and they worked great. Once again the long tubes aren't worth the 1 to 2 hp gain on a mild engine due to the burnt plug wires and pain when changing plugs. MAC are cheap.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a set of bbk equal lenghts on my 94...the drvers side was a pain to drop in (unbolt the motor mount)
in the 2 years ive had them on, ive never burnt a single plug boot or any wiring.
i will say that i think the rear-most passenger side spark plug can be a pain if you dont know how to use tools [Razz]
OH, and whatever brand you decide on, get a set with flanges where the headers bolt to the head. it will prevent warping

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com