Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » subframe connectors

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: subframe connectors
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want to get some subframe connectors for my car since i have read it's one the first thing you should do to a convertable. But what is the next step? do i buys some and try to have a shop install them, or buy them from a shop and have them install them? Does any one know of any shops in San Jose. Please inform me someone.
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my full-length sub frames from Maximum motorsport. I just had a shop weld them on. I forget the name of the shop but it was on Monterey road. I think it was called muffler man or some thing along those lines. It’s in the same auto center as the “Tranny Man”. I think it was 60 or 80 bucks for the labor. Way cheaper then some other places I called. Good guys too..they where mustang guys.. [patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is right by my house. Thanks
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Do you guys feel a difference when driving after you get subframe connectors?
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
Do you guys feel a difference when driving after you get subframe connectors?

Yep they are definately worth it. And get those MM full length ones! Just take it to the muffler shop they can do it as long as the guy isn't a dumbass.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got regular sub frames from Griggs (nothing special or Griggs specific) and had a muffler shop toss them on for $40.

BTW, I noticed a HUGE difference in my 93GT convertable.

[ January 19, 2005, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car feelt way better. Less body flex on turns. Car got more solid. Worth the $$ to get them.
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Thanks guys
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Well i just got them and the instuctions says to paint them. Is it even worth painting since the paint is going to end up coming of with time any ways?
94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94Blackout  Ford pictures for 94Blackout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can barely see the suckers when they are on, not sure why you would need to paint them. Maybe so your car looks nice when its on a lift?

--------------------
87 5.0 LX: Exploded
94 Cobra: Totalled
94 GT Vert: Rear ended
98 Charged GT: Sold
65-67 2+2 Fastback: Someday...

Posts: 704 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bare metal rusts a lot faster than painted metal, but dont paint them until after they've been welded on

[ January 25, 2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Yeah definitely paint them. Now be careful if you use a spray can to pain them. I totally forget about the mist of the spray paint..And got some over spray on some of the body… [Razz]

Don’t forget the primer as well…

Oh yeah..so how does the car drive now that you got the subs?

--------------------
California Notary Public

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

They gone on tomorrow monring [Big Grin] , but wasn't sure if i sould paint them before taking them to be put on.
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i primered mine then painted then and then touched them up again when they were installed

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Paint them afterwards. If you paint them now..the tech guys are going to have to remove some of the paint where they are going to be doing the welding….

What kind of subs did you get?

--------------------
California Notary Public

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com