Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What do I need to go from T-5 to Tremec

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What do I need to go from T-5 to Tremec
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that #1 will be $$$.But I was wondering about things like clutch,driveshaft,etc.How about fit? [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which tremec are you talking about?
3550 uses the same 10 spline clutch as a t5, but a tko uses a 36 spline clutch and a different driveshaft. Either way you will need a new bellhousing or scattershield, you'll need to cut and set the crossmember back or buy a new one. Those are the main things

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You mean 26 spline.

No, my TKO 500 I ordered with a 10 spline input, its an offered option for ford clutches, reused the Centerforce DF I had (low mileage), I have been using my stock clutch fork with no problems, and I did buy the DS spacer, because it a SN95 car, and the T-5 is 5/8 inch longer (input shaft)in them. As far as modifying the crossmember, I slotted the holes to the tranny mount, worked fine. You will need a bellhousing for sure, I reused my Mcleod scattercan. Good luck, its not that big a deal.

Oops, forgot to mention the 31 spline yoke, it came with my trans, I just put it on my FMS Alum. DS and was good to go, you won't need a new DS.

[ January 17, 2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bellhousing
AOD driveshaft will work
AOD crossmember
TKO requires a different clutch (26 spline)
The yoke will come with the tranny. If you get the 3550 it will be the same as a T5.
you'll need a different shifter (The stock one sucks)

I think thats about it. It's an easy job... [patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com