Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » powerdyne supercharger question??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: powerdyne supercharger question??
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well im looking to either go blown with a used v1 or a powerdyne.... or p.i ported heads, cams, lt's. Anyways how good are bd-11 powerdyne superchargers?? you can pick one up for 800-1000 used and i would install it myself. Are they worth it? how much hp would i expect or should i steer clear of them? just trying to get the most hp the cheapest. thanks

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get the V-1. Powerdyne's are not bad but not nearly as reliable as Vortech's.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditto - I'd go with the Vortech.

I run a Powerdyne myself and make 430/460 at the wheels but everyone I know that moved from the PD to the Vortech with "same boost pulley" made noticably more power with the Vortech.

The PD isn't as reliable but then again, you can rebuild the internals yourself for around $60 now. It used to be that you could only get the bearings and belt through PD and they'd bend you over for the parts. Results vary dramatically but I've had my PD on the car for over 80,000 miles with the original belt and bearings.

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think im going to go with a used powerdyne for like 800-1000 for right now because for the price i'll gain probably 60-70 to the wheels and install myself... not a bad deal. Going to go blown for a bit then p.i swap [Big Grin]

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=024802
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I know very tempting.... got to see how the funds are after spending like $2200 for my mm suspension and install!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com