Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Code P1443 question...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Code P1443 question...
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got done pulling the codes and got..

P1443 (Auxiliary Emissions Control) (Manufactures Control).

Does anyone know what it means?

Oh yeah I got the scanner till Monday night so if your in the San Jose area and want to pull your codes for free (someplaces wanted $65..lol)..shoot me a PM.

Oh yeah I got a 96 GT..completely stock except for 3 chambers Flow Masters and K&N Air filter.Thanks
[patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Auxilliary Emissions Control usually indicates your EVAP system. P1443 indicates incorrect EVAP system purge control valve flow. Possible cause may be damaged EVAP cannister purge solenoid or damaged purge flow (PF) sensor. Does your scan tool have an option of reading engine data? Or does it just pull codes?
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's a common problem with the 96-98 mustang. it's hard to describe where the part is since i don't have the car anymore, but i had the same problem on my old 97 GT. as mentioned, its the purge control valve. search on the corral for better info.
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saleenx5,
The scanner only reads the code. It's the one that Autozone rents out..so it's pretty basic..

Thanks for the help guys.

--------------------
California Notary Public

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chances are it's not the purge valve but will come up as it is.

What damages it is the fact people tend to fill their tanks way too much of gas and fuel makes it way through the evap tube and ruins the flow sensor.

Which is located inside of the fender.

You will need to remove the plastic cover.

It is inline on the evap tube right before it goes into the engine compartment where it connects to the canister.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

***UPDATE***

So i bought the Purge flow sensor (1/17/05) first to see if that would work...and to this day the CE light has been off. Hope fully that did the trick in keeping the light off. Thanks for the help guys. [patriot]

Oh yeah here is the part number in case one of you guys needs it.

Purge Flow Sensor #F57Z-14A606-BA $30.29 at Friendly Ford in San Jose

If you need the Charcoal Canister/Solenoid it's part # E4ZF-9C915-AA

[ February 10, 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: AZTECLX ]

--------------------
California Notary Public

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had same problem and changing the purge flow sensor fixed it. Easy fix!!! Hope it worked for you....

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
that's a common problem with the 96-98 mustang. it's hard to describe where the part is since i don't have the car anymore, but i had the same problem on my old 97 GT. as mentioned, its the purge control valve. search on the corral for better info.

I just got this code on my 96 Cobra. Can you describe where this purge control valve is and what it does exactly?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I spent months tryna fix that damn code on my cobra. Changed the canister, solemoid, and sensor with ZERO luck. CEL disappeared for a little but always came back. I pray yours doesn't haunt you too

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':

I just got this code on my 96 Cobra. Can you describe where this purge control valve is and what it does exactly?
There are actually two. One on the tank, one in the left rear 1/4 panel (behind the tire and bumper). Double check the wiring harness connection at the tank, I had this exact problem with my Saleen clone...it was a loose connection.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks John, after doing some research, it looks like I should go after it in this sequence:

1.) Check Gas Cap
2.) Check all lines/tubes between tank, canister, purge solenoid, purge sensor, throttle body.
3.) Check that all electrical connections are intact

Sequence of parts replacement:
1.) Purge sensor
2.) Purge solenoid
3.) Evaporative canister

I also located the #1 and 2 above on the passenger side firewall... There is another sensor on the tank and 1/4 panel too?

Sounds right?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com