Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94-95 Computers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94-95 Computers?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard stories of people doing cam swaps and then having trouble getting their car to idle with the 94-95 computers. If this is true can we just swap in an earlier model computer? [Confused]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 94 computers SUCK end of story....

Pro-M sell a conversion harness to convert to an older style (pre-94) EEC...They claim 4 tenths by just doing the conversion...

The stock idle bypass soleniod on 94's isn't that great, but as far as cams go I beleive it's just like any other 5.0...The main problem with the 94-95 EEC is the power robbing timming retard that is programed into them...

Good luck...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
HDS
¯
Member # 2109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDS  Ford pictures for HDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 95 GT with Full exhaust, Eddy intake, and Ecam. The idle is most of the time is good. Some times it sucks... When I get some heads I'm getting it tuned. Until now, I'll survive.
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
95 with plenty of mods and tuned by Byron. If I were to do it again I would do the heads, intake, etc. but leave the stock cam. I've seen others leave the stock cam and pull nearly as much HP and same or better trq. Rough idle when cold and sometimes when hot plus an extra $200 in your pocket.

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get it to idle pretty good with a good tune if you don't want to go with the older cpu...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out my advice on idling problems on my website here. This procedure helps my 347 with a decent cam, idle for every day use and in stop and go traffic.

http://jaybquick.gotnet.net/Helpful.htm

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are just fine up to a certain point. with a smog legal cam, it just takes a little time to get it to idle right

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks everyone for the info! [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
just takes a little time to get it to idle right

This is how I feel also. The T4M0 eec isn't THAT bad. You just need some know how to get things dialed in after a cam swap.

For what it is worth, my cam is bigger than all of yours [Razz] [Wink] and my car idled fine with the stock T4M0 and 42# injectors.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that and the auto computer doesnt pull timing in between shifts, like the manual one does

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
just takes a little time to get it to idle right

This is how I feel also. The T4M0 eec isn't THAT bad. You just need some know how to get things dialed in after a cam swap.

For what it is worth, my cam is bigger than all of yours [Razz] [Wink] and my car idled fine with the stock T4M0 and 42# injectors.

did you have a chip though? i am talking about without a chip.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com