Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Should I?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I?
OhToGeeTee
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found out through my younger brother that my Dad wants to buy a Vortech blower this coming June for the GT when my bro graduates from hs.

Anyway, I was just thinking about it and wondering if I should actually let my Dad put one on.

But, the real question is. If it would be cheaper in the end to just trade in 04 Cobra, s/c S281, or Roush Stage III. Than just getting a blower for the GT?

If it helps with your advice, I just got my GT last week Sunday.

Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

[ January 01, 2005, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: OhToGeeTee ]

:
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so youre sayin trade in the GT for one of those?

if so, the Cobra is the one to get!

from about 22K-32K depending on where u go.

saleen...is a lot

and roush stage 3! OMG....big dollas!

OhToGeeTee
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
so youre sayin trade in the GT for one of those?

if so, the Cobra is the one to get!

from about 22K-32K depending on where u go.

saleen...is a lot

and roush stage 3! OMG....big dollas!

That's just a possibility if I decide not to get the Vortech s-trim with intercooler for my current GT.
:
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No way. Go with the blower on the GT, it will be way cheaper in the short term and the long term. First off, you'll get hosed on the trade in value of the car. Then you'll get hosed on insurance because it costs quite a bit more to insure a Cobra than a run of the mill GT, especially if the driver is under 25 years old.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unfortunately the real world you will get charged a rediculous amount for insurance!! farmers wanted to charge 400 a month for my stage 1 98 roush with 1 point my record. get the blower

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saleens don't cost that much, I got mine for
$17,500 [Big Grin]

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MISTA EE:
Saleens don't cost that much, I got mine for
$17,500 [Big Grin]

Yeah but is it superchared or just the run of the mill GT with saleen suspension and ground effects? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OhToGeeTee:
I found out through my younger brother that my Dad wants to buy a Vortech blower this coming June for the GT when my bro graduates from hs.

Anyway, I was just thinking about it and wondering if I should actually let my Dad put one on.

But, the real question is. If it would be cheaper in the end to just trade in 04 Cobra, s/c S281, or Roush Stage III. Than just getting a blower for the GT?

well depending on how much boost you want to run. You gotta figure Stock 03 puts down about 360rwhp, when a GT with Vortech and bolt ons can be safely tuned to about 370rwhp, this also is depending on the trim/psi.

While with the 03 you start off with 360ish rwhp and forged motor...STOCK.

you can find 03's out there for 24k, just look, dont be like me and buy the 1st one you see [Embarrassed]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yea it's supercharged, and it's car #3 [Eek!]

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some insurance companies count Saleens and Roushs as regular GT's.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do something different, put a Turbo on the GT.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
OhToGeeTee
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
No way. Go with the blower on the GT, it will be way cheaper in the short term and the long term. First off, you'll get hosed on the trade in value of the car. Then you'll get hosed on insurance because it costs quite a bit more to insure a Cobra than a run of the mill GT, especially if the driver is under 25 years old.

I have 21st Century. I don't know if they will still count the Roush or Saleen as a GT. That I have to find out.

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Do something different, put a Turbo on the GT.

I'd love that. But, will it still pass smog? [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
Originally posted by OhToGeeTee:

well depending on how much boost you want to run. You gotta figure Stock 03 puts down about 360rwhp, when a GT with Vortech and bolt ons can be safely tuned to about 370rwhp, this also is depending on the trim/psi.

While with the 03 you start off with 360ish rwhp and forged motor...STOCK.

you can find 03's out there for 24k, just look, dont be like me and buy the 1st one you see [Embarrassed]

I want the Vortech s-trim w/ intercooler. And run anywhere between 9 and 13 lbs.

Thanks for the info. [Smile]

:
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have it buit right, it would be able to pass. You can contact the State Ref. and ask them, they will tell you straight up what is needed to pass.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
OhToGeeTee
unregistered

Thanks dude. [Smile]
:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com