Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » where is the hole located for the dipsitck tube?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: where is the hole located for the dipsitck tube?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on a 97GT..where is the hole at? i cant find it for the new tube!
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the block, just above the oil pan....just rear of the motor mount. Goodluck getting it in, it can be a PITA.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how can i route it?? whats a good method?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

nobody knows how to route the dipstick tube? i have a 97GT and i needed the 99+ dipstick tube because of the swap...how do i route the newer tube?
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use your imagination.

and some huevos!

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

dude this fuckin tube doesnt wanna route in right. its fuckin wierd! its pissin me off!!! how should i route it? sal do you have a mustang book that tells you anything about routing or putting on the tube?
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
books....shit man I don't know how to read.....you've seen my tools..... [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

still cant get the fucker in! what the hell are you suppose to do?
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
i have a 97GT and i needed the 99+ dipstick tube because of the swap...how do i route the newer tube?

You did not need a different dipstick. the bottom 4.6 is the same. the heads are the same. only thing that was differnt was the runners and cams on the heads.

The way to get the dipstick in is with alot of paitence and some imagenation.. it will get in.. just gotta rotate the damn thang..lol.. good luck.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It runs behind the header primaries (between the #6 & 7 cylinders) & through the motor mount. It's a real bitch to get in without removing the motor mount. But it can be done.
& no, you did not have to remove the dipstick.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope your not runing the car with out a plug in the dipstick hole

the car will catch fire on you if the hole is not plugged

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

haha..no not running it with a hole. lol

jus was being stupid when i said that [Razz]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com